Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy…
Closing date 31/01/2024
What will I be doing?
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering the challenging, but exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Technician on a Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme.
Based on industry standard project management methodology, in this role you will learn to lead a project team according to the requirements of the project sponsor and Safran procedure. Ensuring that projects are completed according to quality, cost and deadline objectives.
• Prepare and obtain validation from project sponsor, with particular focus on:
• The project objectives and expected results.
• The necessary resources and project organisation structure.
• The deadlines required to reach expected results.
• Negotiate the allocation of resources with functional managers.
• Lead team (internal and external) to ensure performance of work packages according to project planning and update project indicators.
• Prepare and submit major decisions to project sponsor and stakeholders.
• Manage change and risk aspects to ensure project success.
• Working in conjunction with the Project Engineer on the maintenance and development of site drawings.
• Covering site service issues with Facilities Team Leaders.
Any other duties, which may be required in order to ensure the efficient operation of the role.
The programme follows a structured Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering – Technical Support Technician.
This qualification is based on national occupational standards requiring you to demonstrate both engineering skills and knowledge, with the ability to organise work and identify and prevent problems.
In the first year you will spend time at a private local engineering training provider where the relevant qualification units will be delivered and assessed. As part of your apprenticeship you will complete:
• Practical training
• A technical certificate taking a Technical Support will assist you with the ‘theory' part of your apprenticeship.
• A Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering – Technical Support Technician will allow you to further your study selecting units relating to your role.
This will enable you to develop an excellent foundation in Engineering. You will also be provided with job specific training relating to the Shop floor planner role.
What do you need from me?
You will have a keen interest in science and engineering and be able to demonstrate a methodical and thorough approach to work.
You will possess excellent problem solving abilities. The role of apprentice will require you to be a confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills. You will be a motivated, hard-working individual with excellent planning and organisational skills. The ability to effectively work as part of a team and on your own will be key to your success.
Successful candidates will need to have achieved, or expect to achieve at least 5 GCSE's at grade C or above to include Maths, English, Science and a technology.
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH