Program Quality Leader Gloucester, UK
Invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defence industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork, and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join Safran!
What will I be doing?
As a Quality Professional at Safran, you will play a key role in our low carbon journey to make aviation safer and more sustainable.
As Program Quality Leader, you'll be in a customer facing role, representing the quality department within the Integrated Project Team (IPT) and linking into the industrial sites. You'll be the IPT Quality representative within the Gloucester facility for the Airbus Single Aisle program, and you will have the opportunity to deputise for the Program Quality Manager when required.
Responsibilities will include:
• Point of contact of FAL, Product Support Engineers and Customer service to support investigation and traceability requests.
• Leading cross-functional quality investigations including root cause analysis, immediate containment, corrective and preventative actions within challenging timescale
• Prepare and submit deviation / concession on QIS and Airbus portal where required.
• Analyse / Prepare Monthly FAL data for Reporting.
• Prepare comprehensive report / presentation to support internal and external communication of investigations.
• Prepare and attend weekly Customer reviews.
• Participate Quality Improvement activities to increase customer satisfaction and business targets.
• Ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements, specifications and contractual requirements
• Leading cross-functional quality investigations including root cause analysis, immediate containment, corrective and preventative actions.
• Participate to new product development or industrialisation activities where required (APQP, PFMEA , DVI, …)
• This role may include travel to other Safran Landing Systems and customer sites
With more than 76,800 employees, in 276 locations across 27 countries, we're a global leader in the Aerospace, Defence and Space industries. Our mission is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible.
Our employees are at the heart of our success, as we work together for our sustainable future.
There are four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
• Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• A 5 week holiday entitlement, option to buy/sell annual leave
• Pension scheme, up to 8% match
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our dedicated Benefits Portal with a range of lifestyle benefits, including life assurance, cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, house moving day)
• Global and local career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• And much more!
What do you need from me?
• Experience or Qualification in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• Understanding of Manufacturing processes
• Experience within a regulated industry, with an understanding of QMS & regulatory requirements
• Demonstrable knowledge and application of Quality tools
• Experience in Lean tool deployment (eg 5S, Kaizen, QRQC, process mapping…)
• Knowledge of Problem Solving Methodologies (eg 8D, A3, 5 Why, Ishikawa)
Beneficial to have:
• Knowledge of aerospace products and procedures
• Landing Gears product knowledge
• French language skills
• Quality related qualification
What's my next step?
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment experts will give you a call to discuss in more detail.
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Some travel maybe required
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH