SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
The Product Support Engineering team is responsible for the technical support of our Landing Gear products in-service. You will be responsible for providing a first class level of customer support to ensure our customer's (airlines/MROs) operations are maintained.
To achieve this you will need to form strong relationships with both internal and external teams, and drive for the best solution.
A role in the PSE team offers –
• Opportunities to provide key technical information and solutions to our customers during airline/airframer visits and at our biennial global airline conferences
• Possibilities to develop within the team as well as gaining vital in-service experience to further your career within Safran Landing Systems. Previous PSEs have gone on to become Programme Chief Engineers, Product Support Managers and Customer Support Managers to name but a few.
• A real responsibility and opportunity to make a difference – through managing Technical Events (a big part of our role) you will take the lead of multi-functional teams to identify the root cause of problems and support modifications to shape our Landing Gear of the future.
Below are the key responsibilities of the role. Please note these are not limited to:
• Understanding airworthiness and regulations
• Programme management support
• Technical liaison, engineering support and incident management
• Technical publications compilation/review – CMM/SB/SIL
• Technical support to airframer/customer support centres/airlines
• Managing investigations and supporting associated modifications
• Generating bespoke documentation such as on-wing repairs and technical recommendations for our airline customers
.Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
You will have a strong Engineering background, ideally within mechanical or aerospace engineering (degree desirable, but not essential), coupled with a customer focused mindset, enabling you to take pride in delivering a quality solution to our customers.
You will also be able to:
- Manage a changing workload and tasks on a daily basis
· Form & maintain strong relationships
· Have good problem solving skills
· Have the ability to take own initiative and have a proactive approach
· Have excellent communication skills
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Occasional travel as and when required
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran