SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on major programmes within the Systems Engineering team based at Gloucester.
You will be delivering performance and dynamic analysis for the mechanical, hydraulic and occasionally basic electrical systems as they relate to the operation of aircraft, landing gear, shock absorption, extension/retraction and steering.
You will be able to understand and derive requirements and how these impact the validation and verification of the product utilising standardised methods and tools. Possessing good knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic system products, you will help guide product development to ensure the performance and dynamics of the integrated system meet the program requirements.
• Build computational models and run simulations
• Calculate static and dynamic loads
• Conduction performance and frequency response analyses
• Conduct stability, shimmy, modal analysis and failure case analyses
• Correlate and validate computational models
• Write and validate performance and dynamics requirements
• Define and document simulation cases and pass/fail criteria
• Optimise design solutions in conjunction with other engineering disciplines
• Define test requirements and analyse and interpret test results
• Adherence to the programme schedules
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
Candidate skills and requirements
• Basic knowledge of:
- Multi-body dynamic modelling and simulation
- Landing gear extension/retraction analysis
- Shock absorber performance analysis
- Recoil analysis
- Shimmy and stability analysis
- System loads generation
• Basic knowledge of electrical systems engineering, nose-wheel steering analysis, vibration analysis, model integration, airworthiness requirements and aircraft systems certification process would be beneficial.
• Working knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink, MSC ADAMS, MSC EASY5 and AMESim
• Experience on requirements management and DOORS would be beneficial.
Educational skills and experience
• A degree, or equivalent, in an Engineering discipline
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
“The role is subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and Security Check (SC) security clearance. This clearance requires that the role may only be undertaken by a UK national, therefore, we are only able to consider applications for this role from UK nationals.”
- © Safran