Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon.
Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge of landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy…
What will I be doing?
The Process Group Leader will be responsible for:
- Drive a safe working culture within the Paint facility.
- Ensure completion of risk assessment activity within the Paint facility.
- Leading and being the key focal point for the Paint functionality within the Process Group, while optimising supply chain and inventory driven cost.
- Ensuring production requirements are flowed down the Process Group areas.
-Monitor and drive supply chain performance improvement, in tight co-operation with production demands and requirements, i.e. tooling, spares, equipment etc.
-Ensure processes are documented and monitored appropriately.
-Monitor and manage team workload and capacity, optimising team performance.
-Take the necessary actions to balance the supply plan with regard to prioritisation of workload and employee shift planning.
-Manage proactively the risks of shortage, define, and monitor the short / medium/long term recovery plans with supply sites to satisfy customer requirements.
-Identify and address areas of risks in a pro-active manner, to the key stakeholders in the Process Group.
-Drive performance improvements.
-Prepare and present the Process Group performance, including any associated improvement plans to the Process Group Manager.
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation. As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development.
What we will give you?
• Excellent shift premiums
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Profit sharing annual bonus
• Our Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, Costa, bicycle storage and
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail
savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
What do you need from me?
The Paint Team Leader should be able to demonstrate:
- Sound Leadership and interpersonal skills with prior experience.
- Organisation and level of delegation.
- Customer oriented and committed.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Attitude: Proactive, autonomous, thorough, perseverant, and committed.
- Coaching and personal development.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Data analysis & manipulation -Have demonstrated history of flexibility, self-motivation and willingness to learn.
- Have experience and/or knowledge of Paint activities within an Aerospace environment.
- Have experience with problem solving and quality control and adherence.
- Have experience of leading a team with team leader/management experience.
- Excellent time management.
- Leads by example.
- Will be flexible to the business regarding working hours, in line with business expectations and requirements.
- Will support key internal meetings and represent the Process Group.
- Be a key point of contact with external suppliers to the Process Group.
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call.
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential.
We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks. We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems
an inclusive place to work.
Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check
Shift work will be required on a 3-shift pattern.
This will include :
• Bridging shift
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH