Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems.
Why join Safran?
Safran Gloucester offers a friendly and team orientated environment with several benefits including:
Pension – discounted health care and, annual bonus incentive schemes
Flexibility – hours, locations (x3), varied workload, supplier involvement.
Discounted canteen and Costa facilities
Cycle to work scheme, good facilities (showers etc.)
As an NDT Technician for Safran, you will report to the Production Team Leader with the following repsonsibilities:
• Processing of production components through the NDT department and initially performing the 3 main disciplines of NDT Magnetic Flaw detect, Penetrant Flaw Detection and Acid Etch Inspection
• Dealing with items under investigation from both “in service” and from “test” areas as required by the Engineering Materials Laboratory and Test Engineering
• Further disciplines may also be required after the initial three i.e. Barkhausen Noise Inspection, Ultrasonic and X-Ray.
• Liaising with internal customers to assist with corrective action activities for non-conformances.
• Support continuous improvement activities
• To regularly rotate around a 3 shift rota with the rest of the team (Dayshift, bridging shift and Night shift)
Ideally, you must have served an engineering apprenticeship and qualified to at least ONC/HNC in mechanical/production engineering. Preferably, you should hold or have held in the last twelve months Level 2 NDT qualifications in Magnetic Flaw detect, Penetrant Flaw Detection and Acid Etch inspection methods in any of the following qualification schemes EN4179, NAS410, ASNT or PCN.
This position would ideally suit an enthusiastic individual who has the ability to pass and maintain qualifications within the aerospace NDT environment together with knowledge of international NDT specifications and working practices.
• Organisational Awareness
• Personal Drive
• Working Effectively with others
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran