SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Safran Landing Systems is the world's leading supplier of aircraft landing and braking systems – there are currently over 27,000 aircraft in service with our landing gear! From the largest commercial aircraft to single seater jets, we equip all manner of aircraft with our systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our engineering team in Gloucester, UK to help develop complex and innovative landing systems for the next generation of aircraft.
Our Systems Architects team works closely with airframers from all around the world to develop landing systems solutions that meet the needs of their aircraft. The landing systems is a complex, safety critical, highly integrated system. We are constantly evolving and an opportunity to shape the way that we deliver complex systems solution through the application of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) has arisen.
Working within the Engineering department for both Systems Engineering and Systems Architect teams, you will be responsible for managing and developing the MBSE methods and tools for integrated landing gear systems, and providing operational support to the Systems Architects to develop system architecture models and requirements.
• Coordination with the Systems Architects and other MBSE specialists at the sister sites in France and Canada to develop and implement MBSE best practices.
• Development of MBSE methods and tools to enable the Systems Architects to deliver complex system solutions.
• Provide training and coaching to the engineering teams and troubleshoot day-to-day problems they may have using the MBSE tools.
• Provide leadership, both on site at Gloucester and internationally, to drive the development and implementation of MBSE methods and practices within the engineering function.
• Working alongside the Systems Architects to develop system architecture models using IBM Rhapsody and requirements sets using IBM DOORS Next Generation.
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Engineering background and demonstrated experience in MBSE concepts, processes, methods and tools, and their operational application to complex and highly integrated embedded systems.
• Knowledge of landing systems or one or more of their sub-systems (landing gear structures; extension/retraction systems; nose wheel steering systems; brake control systems; wheels & brakes) would be beneficial but is not essential.
• Expertise in UML and SysML modelling languages, principles of meta-modelling and profile generation within tools such as Rhapsody or Cameo.
• Expertise in the IBM Jazz platform tools: Global Configuration, Rational Team Center, DOORS Next Generation, Rhapsody Model Manager and Rational Quality Manager.
• Knowledge of Product Line Engineering (PLE): concepts, processes, methods and tools, and their integration into MBSE repositories.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills using the English language. A working knowledge of the French language would be beneficial but is not essential.
• You will join an international team whose members are based in the UK, France and Canada with customers based in Europe, North America and Asia. Some international travel is to be expected.
• Ability to influence peers and senior management in order to drive change and implement new methods and practices into the engineering team.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran