SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Safran Landing Systems, in Gloucester, is offering an exciting opportunity to join our Manufacturing Engineering team. This department is central within the production organisation and is key to the digital transformation of production, integration of new technologies and methodologies to ensure we produce quality products with the best competitive methods.
You will be working alongside the current Team Leader, integrating across the production organisation and will report to the Manufacturing Engineering manager.
You will be responsible for leading a group of manufacturing engineers and be accountable for the engineering activities it carries out and the subsequent detail of the associated tasks to ensure a robust and repeatable technical solution is achieved right the first time, within schedule and the production cost target.
Key aspects of this job include the following:
- Functional leadership of the team and co-ordinate engineering activities/resources carried out by the engineers ensure the all requirements of work package are met in terms of quality, cost and schedule.
- Drive improvement projects from manufacturing data, working as a team with Production Management, Quality and Maintenance to continually improve processes
- Driving execution, monitoring performance against the plan, holding people accountable for achieving their goals, tackling problems before they become crisis.
- Provide clear visibility of the work package status, performance, risks and financial forecast to the production team and functional management.
- Work with the functional management to ensure that the adequate resources and skills are available and proper methods and processes applied.
- Promote professional and personal development of all team members, managing the PDP process.
- Employ applicable technology changes/advances and best practises within the manufacturing processes
- Encourage, support and be accountable for initiatives to improve Quality, Cost, Delivery, Health Safety and Environmental performance
- Promote the digital transformation and new ways of working to support the factory 4.0 road map
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will include a criminal record check'
On site working - not working from home
You will need a sound knowledge of Production with at least HND or equivalent level in an Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years' experience supervising in a technical function and more importantly:
- Must possess strong skills in the following areas: leadership and coaching/training; analytical and problem solving; written and verbal communication; working with computer programs.
- Proven track record of Process Improvement, cost reduction and problem solving through a team
- Six Sigma and Lean Implementation
- Project management experience
- Be innovative, creative and interested in new technologies
- Experience in SCRUM management advantageous
- Experience with management of change
- Must be a driven self-starter able to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task and set priorities.
- Must be able to interact effectively with all levels within the company.
- AS9102, EN9145, APQP knowledge advantageous
- Aerospace /landing gear experience desirable but not essential
- Production experience would be advantageous
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran landing systems, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share scheme
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran