SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Roles split as follows:
2xMC60, 2xWFL, 1x Grinder, 1x Turning, 1x Jigg Mill (MLG)
Objectives & Responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will be:
• To carry out different machining operations on NC according to drawings, procedures and specifications.
• To train and work in the Sub Assembly area in MLG and continuously improve and optimise work processes.
• Knowledge of machining principles and numerical controls fundamentals as well as the ability to read drawings and layouts is an essential requirement of this role.
• Understand and Primary Operate Siemens 840D Control systems
• Mill turning techniques
• Set and Run various CNC Machines
• Be able to set own tools
• Understanding of the five S techniques
• A relevant engineering qualification or apprenticeship is essential for this role.
• Good communication skills
• Team working
• Basic computer skills
• Problem solving
• Self managing & reliant
Shift working is also a requirement of this role.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran landing systems, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share scheme
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran