SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Join our Team
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development.
Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
This is a great opportunity to work in a strong team environment using your skills & experience as a machinist.
There will be opportunities to:
• Use a diverse scope of different machinery.
• Manufacture Civil & Military Aircraft components.
• Full training available to the hard working & motivated candidate.
• Shift work available to enhance your earning potential.
• Great opportunity to advance within the business.
• Safe, clean, friendly & enjoyable working environment.
Roles as follows:
• Large Twin Pallet 5 Axis machining centres
• Large Mill Turn Lathes
• CNC & Conventional Grinding machines
• CNC & Conventional Turning
• Conventional Jig Mill / Jig Borer
Your main responsibilities will be:
• To carry out different machining operations on CNC & Conventional machines according to drawings, procedures and specifications.
• To train and work in a Large Machine shop on various machines and be involved in continuous improvement and optimise work processes.
• Ideally you will have completed a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Machining; however, we will also consider level 2 or 3 equivalent qualifications
• Previous experience on CNC and Conventional machines with an understanding of machining principles
• Ability to read production drawings
• Understand and Primarily Operate CNC Control systems
• Mill turning techniques
• Set and Run various CNC Machines & conventional machines.
• Be able to set own tools
• Understanding of Lean manufacturing techniques
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Shift work will be required
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran