Operating to a budget, you will manage and identify opportunities for the procurement of used serviceable or unserviceable landing gears and/or parts, ensuring that return on investment is maximised at all times.
Additional responsibilities include building supplier relationships and coordinating purchasing activities for programmes with all sites across the MRO Division as well as the Global Rotable Team.
Being the principle procurement source for Landing Gears across the MRO Division you will be accountable for:
• Establishing contacts and relationships with leading aircraft teardown organisations, brokers, stockists and organisations, ensuring Safran Landing Systems Services is always their first port of call.
• Effectively manage the supplier interface for used serviceable or unserviceable landing gears and/or parts and lead the purchase negotiation to ensure Safran Landing Systems Services benefits from the best possible deal.
• Review opportunities to establish support contracts and agreements with key suppliers that supports the MRO Division's strategy.
• Coordinate and ensure the accurate review of all documentation, back-to-birth traceability and non-incident statements prior to purchase
• Effectively manage the supplier interface for used serviceable or unserviceable landing gears and/or parts from PO placement to receipt.
• Coordinate activities and opportunities across Safran Landing Systems Services network.
• Ensure planning activity for overhaul, repair and/or test and recertification of 2nd hand landing gears is co-ordinated with the relevant Safran Landing Systems Services site.
• Ensure a process is in place for 2nd hand spares, whether serviceable or unserviceable, that provides visibility across the MRO Division for use in overhaul programs or 3rd party sales.
The Landing Gear Purchasing Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the following activity :
• Establishing contacts and relationships with Suppliers.
• Establish agreements with key Suppliers.
• Coordinate review of documentation, back-to-birth traceability and non-incident statements.
• Manage Supplier interface from initial enquiry through to negotiation and issuance of a PO.
• Manage unit delivery into Safran Landing Systems Services.
• Co-ordinate global stock levels for 2nd hand parts across the MRO Division.
• A comprehensive understanding of Landing Gears and parts interchangeability, focussing initially on the A320F product.
• Confident in generating new leads and building supplier relationships
• Commercially aware and able to negotiate the best possible deal for Safran Landing Systems Services.
• Effective organisational skills to ensure coordination of several areas of the MRO Division simultaneously
• Ability to develop and deliver realistic budgets in line with business requirements
• Able to be flexible and to work on your own initiative.
• Good numerical skills.
Meteor Business Park Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QL
- © Safran