Integrated Product Support Manager
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is looking for an Integrated Product Support Manager (IPS Manager) to play in key role in supporting the design and development of new programs. You will be the focal point for the aircraft manufacturer and accountable for all the aspects linked to the setting up of the support system and its implementation.
This is a dynamic role where you will act as a key liaison between the Engineering, Programs and Customer Support teams to ensure processes run smoothly in-line with customer requirements.
You will manage the integration of IPS requirements into the design of the product during development phases to achieve efficient and effective maintainability, supportability, reliability, Human Factors and Direct Maintenance Cost (DMC) performance.
To be successful in the role, you will have an Engineering related degree, with Engineering design experience gained within aerospace or automotive sectors.
This role would be a great opportunity for an IPS Engineer who is looking to step up into a management role.
You responsibilities will include:
• Accountable for the development, coordination, and function management of program activities
• Produce, coordinate and manage the deployment of the program plan and it's engineering resource requirement
• Responsible for the management, study, production and coordination of all the supportability, maintainability elements of an IPS plan in preparation for Entry into Service, including business risk assessment
• To use IPS methodologies and principles to enhance product maturity.
• To participate in and influence the associated business decision making process in the development of services provision capability
• To be accountable for IPS activities and program deliverables, including reliability, supportability, maintainability, cost and risk assessment analysis of a support package
• Responsible for delivering, maintaining and integrating IPS processes across the business
• Support the development of future product support services provisions to the customer
• Manage the LSA activities of partners and subcontractors
• Maintainability studies and techniques (e.g.: tooling, LORA and application of MSG3 analysis)
maintenance cost parameters such as DMC's
• With Program Manager, negotiate maintenance costs and performance guarantees with the customer
• Responsible for coaching, mentoring and skills development of the team
Why Join Safran?
Our employees are at the heart of our success, and we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits and activities that support our employee's. These include:
• Flexible working hours and hybrid working opportunities
• Benefits Portal offering a range of benefits (e.g. life assurance, cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, house moving day)
• Safran share scheme
• Profit sharing scheme
• Career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• Opportunity to be involved in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
• Great facilities including free parking onsite (electric car charging points available), subsidised canteen/break area, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
What will you need?
• A University degree (or equivalent) in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering,
• Significant engineering experience in design and development processes (eg production, industrialisation) in aerospace or automotive industries (or similar)
• Strong understanding of support activities and their relationship to IPS processes and techniques (eg LORA, MSG-3, DMC)
• Program/Project management skills and experience
• Working knowledge of current supportability engineering techniques relating to Availability, Reliability, Maintainability and Testability (ARM&T) is preferred.
• Engineering background also preferred.
Soft skills required
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
• Strong report writing skills
• Innovative and proven analytical and problem solving skills
• Results oriented
• Leadership skills
• Ability to achieve in a complex, cross-cultural, matrix environment
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Passport and driving license required
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran