To inspect and sentence a wide variety of aircraft landing gear components to return them to a serviceable condition with the minimal repairs necessary in accordance with the approved maintenance data.
• Visual inspection of components for acceptance or identify defects to the manufacturer's original design
• Analyse complex aircraft back to birth history to ascertain full traceability, acceptance and correct lifing of parts
• Follow component maintenance manuals, drawings, engineering layout information and additions to the original design such as Service Bulletins, Service Letters and Airworthiness directives
• Create and compose detailed sequence of processes and engineering method statements for repairs of complex components along with the compilation of appropriate quality assurance documentation
• Ability to use a wide and varied range of precision measuring equipment
- Policy deployment targets.
- Average hours by product type.
- Continuous improvement ideas.
• An Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent ideally gained in the aerospace sector
• Individuals with a background in working with aircraft components
• Confident communicator, amongst team members and with other business areas
• IT literate and able to learn new systems with ease
• Sound mathematical skills and a good problem solver
• Flexible in approach, willing to take on new responsibilities and you will have a “can do” attitude
• An understanding of Lean Sigma disciplines and 5s principles
• Involvement in continuous improvement activities to reduce shop processing times and manufacturing hours
- © Safran