Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
As Industrial Process & Assembly Electrician, you will ensure the smooth and efficient running of the sites Electrical Maintenance, support on all Process & Assembly plant & Equipment by Planned Maintenance schedules and Unplanned requirements.
• To install, maintain and test electrical equipment and appliances to the required safety standards.
• To carry out diagnostic repairs and planned maintenance tasks to plant, equipment and electrical systems to ensure their continued efficient operation.
• To identify faults and administer repairs to faulty electrical plant and equipment.
• To provide technical assistance to all maintenance staff and engineers engaged in research, development, design and application.
• Enthusiastically support the CMMS system.
• To be committed to the provision of a high quality service.
• To comply with all Health & Safety and security procedures and guidelines.
• Identify areas for improvement and participating in continuous improvement activities.
• Liaising with manufacturer maintenance sub-contractors.
• Undertake and support some mechanical maintenance activities.
Currently dayshift working but 5 Shifts will be in the contract.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
• Experience with Production / Assembly plant & Equipment.
• Ability to read, follow and modify electrical schematic drawings.
• To adhere to Safran company procedure and policies.
• Use of technical knowledge by applying proven techniques to install and repair electrical systems.
• Experience of health and safety standards to include COSHH, DSEAR, Lock off & Isolation.
• Use a variety of hand tools & equipment effectively.
• Excellent numeracy and computer skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
• Team Work
• Customer service skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Time served Electrical Modern Apprenticeship.
• Previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
• Must be computer literate
• 17th (or 18th) edition of the IEE Regulations
• PLC experience would be advantageous
This is a physically demanding role in which the post holder is required to work in confined spaces and at height (Steps & Ladders/MEWPs).
Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will include a criminal record check.
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran