A great HR Business Partner opportunity has arisen to join our busy HR team here at Safran Landing Systems during a time of accelerated growth.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we are looking for a HR Business Partner with demonstrable generalist experience to work both operationally and strategically across the employee life cycle.
Key areas of work will include: talent management, performance management, ER case work, reward and succession planning and HR initiatives and solutions. Experience of working with blue-collar employees would be beneficial, as would experience of working with unions.
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits and activities that support our employees work/life balance.
• Flexible working hours and hybrid working opportunities
• Healthcare and well-being services
• Benefits Portal offering a range of benefits (eg life assurance, cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, house moving day)
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Global and local career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
• Opportunity to be involved in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives such as STEM outreach and charitable activities Great facilities including; Free parking onsite, subsidised canteen/break area, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in the following:
• Resource and succession planning;
• Play a proactive role in identifying talent and tackling short, medium and long term resourcing issues. Working with the 3rd party recruiting partner and functional managers to deliver the recruitment strategy;
• Identify key skills for retention opportunities, developing actions to retain an engaged and motivated workforce with the 3rd party recruiting partner and functional managers;
• Performance improvement activities and solutions;
• Play a key role in the implementation of HR initiatives, ensuring they are effectively embedded in response to specific business requirements;
• Work with line managers to identify any issues and provide solutions around absence levels, turnover, ER cases;
• Provide timely, accurate and pragmatic advice to managers, employees and Trade Unions on the full range of routine and complex HR issues; developing preventative strategies to minimise case moving to formal proceedings. This includes all aspects of disciplinary, capability, grievance and absence procedures;
• Coach line to manage their people and to address employee relations issues, and embed a performance culture which includes SMART objective setting, constructive feedback and performance management;
• Identify opportunities for process improvements to HR activities;
• Report on key HR data metrics, monitoring trends and working with managers to identify strategies for impr
You will have previous demonstrable experience in a HR generalist role to include: ER, talent management, organisational change and Reward; with a proven ability to develop and implement value-add HR solutions.
You will be qualified to at least CIPD Level 5 (or equivalent experience), and show a commitment to CPD by keeping up to date with current affairs, industry developments and related matters.
You will also demonstrate the following skills:
• The ability to develop, build and maintain credible and effective working relationships with people managers and key stakeholders providing constructive challenge where appropriate
• A confident communicator, able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives and adapt your approach to the requirements of a situation
• Results focused, coupled with the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
• Demonstrate commercial awareness and the impacts of the environment in which the business operates, to anticipate the impact on the workforce.
Previous experience in a manufacturing environment (or similar) and working with Trade Unions wold be an advantage
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Occasional travel maybe required
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran