Applications are now invited for the above position in our newly created Customer Support Centre (CSC) based in Gloucester, UK. Reporting to the CSC Manager, EAME Region your responsibilities will include the following:-
Technical Support Engineer General Responsibilities
• To directly manage Airline and/or MRO (Maintenance Repair and Overhaul) accounts within the EAME region and to be a focal point for any ‘Technical Requests' for the three product divisions of Safran Landing Systems – Landing Gear, Wheels and Brakes, plus Braking, Steering and Monitoring Systems Equipment.
• Provide timely support in line with customer required date (CRD) including for both on-wing and in shop requests and ensuring strict compliance with flight safety regulations at all times.
• To ensure complete answers are provided to customer requests, interface and coordinate with the internal functions within Safran LS including Product Support Engineering (PSE) teams for all three product divisions, Product Support Management, Customer Support Management and Engineering teams etc
• Provide support and close coordination with direct CSC management and other CSC teams including Key Account Management and Tools & Process team to ensure daily priorities are managed
• Utilising the existing tools (CRM / MS Dynamics) for all requests including documentation, traceability as well as on-wing repairs (RDAS) etc
• Daily Management of Aircraft on Ground (AOG) activity and support urgent requests from customers in respect of the AOG rules
• Required to support the Global Out-of-Hours AOG Desk by working a weekend day-shift on a rotation basis.
• Support routine travel to customers, when needed, within the EAME region in line with the annual visit planning
• Promote to customers usage of the many support tools available via our online portal
In order to effectively carry out this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Experience of managing customer relationships
• Customer Mindset and Customer focused
• Analytical and Problem solving methodology
• Positive approach to working as part of a team and also independently
• Ideally experience in some of the current applications / tools including: MS Dynamics, Tech Pubs Documentation, CRM, On base etc
• A working knowledge of Safran Landing Systems organisation, Systems and Products
• Effective communication skills including both verbal, written and presentation
• A flexible approach to support Out-of-Hours AOG Management and potential customers visits
Educated to HND standard or equivalent work related experience, you will ideally have worked in Airline, MRO or Customer Services position and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the general responsibilities outlined above. As part of a team that ensures results, you will liaise with customers and internal functions alike.
International travel may be required.
- © Safran