Job Title Continuous Improvement Specialist
Location Gloucester, UK
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy …
What will I be doing?
The Continuous Improvement Leader is responsible for energising and improving the organisation using Lean Sigma tools to positively impact on Cost, Quality, Delivery Performance, Cash and Customer Satisfaction. You will work closely with teams at all levels to ensure continuous improvement efforts are driven throughout the organisation and to promote the sharing of best practices.
What we will give you?
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• Annual bonus & Share scheme options
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleague
What do you need from me?
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience in leadership of continuous improvement and change projects in an industrial domain
• Good stakeholder management including experience of working with teams including management
• Proven experience of applying Lean and Six-Sigma methodologies and toolsets
• Proven experience in operational roles in an aerospace or industrial environment (e.g. Production, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality)
• Proficiency in the use of common software packages including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Visio and Project), Power BI and Minitab (statistical software)
• Experienced in Lean and Six-Sigma methodologies and toolsets
• Experienced in coaching of operational teams and individuals
• Good training and facilitation skills
• Good knowledge and experience of Project Management
• Good knowledge and experience of Change Management
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Data driven/Business intelligence
• Customer focused and results oriented
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Takes initiative and proactive approach
• Works collaboratively with the wider CI Team
• Good rapport building across the business
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH