SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
Reporting to the Director Europe, Landing Gear & Integration Division – Sales and Contract Management, you will manage commercially the following:
• Eurofighter for both production & aftermarket
• Some US military programs for aftermarket
• Other export military programs such as Tornado, Jaguar for aftermarket
• New UK Military Programs: UK next generation fighter program, UK UAVs
• UK New Mobility opportunities as necessary related to electrical aircraft and decarbonation of future airborne.
Your key responsibilities will be:
1. To ensure a good and close relationship with Customer's interfaces
a. To develop day to day relationships with Customers
b. To ensure a wide and detailed knowledge of Customer's organizations and key stakeholders
2. To release Commercial offers to Customers and to get contracted
a. To animate the integrated team for gathering the estimates from Program, Engineering, Production and Procurement, for changes requested by Customers and new opportunities
b. To define the relevant commercial strategy including prices
c. To prepare commercial offers and obtain approval
d. To negotiate and get contractual agreements in place
3. To manage contracts
a. To have an extensive knowledge of all existing contractual provisions for each program
b. To propose and to support actions for risks mitigation & opportunities vs. contractual provisions
c. To negotiate contracts and amendments terms, in liaison with Legal department
4. To achieve Commer
Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or business discipline, you must be a proactive and customer focused individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, together with good problem solving skills.
You have a broad commercial awareness as a minimum, and ideally have experience with equivalent customer relationship in the field of programs or engineering.
You feel comfortable dealing with contractual and legal aspects and you are acquainted with running contractual negotiations.
You have experience with finance and accounting principles for business cases.
You are used to interfacing / working within a team of various functions, and you enjoy supporting and animating such a team.
Subject to Company Security clearance and Program security restrictions.
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
"The role is subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and Security Check (SC) security clearance. This clearance requires that the role may only be undertaken by a UK national, therefore, we are only able to consider applications for this role from UK nationals.”
- UK - wide depending on projects (including Filton & Manchester)
- Madrid (Spain) – 2 or 3 times a year
- Germany – 2 or 3 times a year
- Velizy (Paris), France – once every 2 months
- © Safran