• Managing, negotiating and contracting RFQs and tenders for specific allocated projects.
• Drafting contracts using Safran contract templates and gaining approval via Safran Legal Counsel.
• Report and deliver cost savings in accordance with procedures and accurately updated on relevant tools (e.g. CAP).
• Undertake purchasing responsibilities to support the P2P (Purchase to Pay) process. This includes processing purchase requisitions and supplier applications for individual sites and supporting invoice queries (when Purchasing responsibility).
• Work as part of the Purchasing Team to develop and implement Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) tools and techniques.
• Where applicable, monitors supplier performance including regular supplier reviews (e.g. QBRs).
• Works collaboratively within the Purchasing Team to understand and support business strategy.
• Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Achieve the lowest total cost of acquisition for goods and services taking into account quality, cost, delivery & service requirements.
• Build effective relationships with global colleagues to leverage deals and support global strategy rollout.
• Working with PM to manage operational requirements to implement category strategies.
• Maintain an understanding of internal control standards and requirements.
Performance Measured By:
• Annual Appraisal
• Quarterly Reviews
• Monthly One to Ones
• Fortnightly updates
• Feedback from internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrable experience of working within a Purchasing function.
• Proficient with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
• Able to work with, influence and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Experience of managing projects and working to deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to react, negotiate and manage multiple procurement contracts of variable value.
• Proficient administration, numerical and organisational skills. Previous experience of working with SAP, or similar package.
• Previous experience of working within an Indirect Purchasing role.
• Experience of working within a Shared Service Centre environment.
Analytical skills covering written, graphic, numerical & statistical information.
• CIPS qualification.
• Educated to Degree level.
• Project Management training or qualification.
Competencies / Behaviours:
Relating & Networking
Writing & Reporting
Following Instructions & Procedures
Coping with Pressures & Setbacks
Achieving Personal Work Goals & Objectives
Creating & Innovating
Formulating Strategies & Concepts
Planning & Organising
Travel to other UK sites.
- © Safran