SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
The Capacity Planner is responsible for running Load & Capacity analysis for Shopfloor activities on site. They are also responsible for establishing the methods and tools used on site for short & medium term analysis.
Responsibilities will include:
To support the MPS activities and associated Load and Capacity at the Work Centre / Machine group level
To be part of the monthly Load & Capacity meetings with the Capacity Planning Team Leader, Senior Management team and the Shop Managers.
- Documenting the assumptions taken
- Getting a load baseline from the ERP system
- Documenting the additional load assumptions not in SAP
To coordinate & maintain the capacity information
- Defining and maintaining the capacity information in SAP
- Collecting the current headcount information from the Shop Managers
To participate in the monthly Internal Supply Review process for the Site.
To run What-If scenarios when and where required.
To support the MTP process by establishing the load profile and the capacity requirements according to a set of assumptions considered as a baseline.
To support the site CAPEX process in identifying the critical equipment and suggesting actions to mitigate the capacity problems.
To define and monitor the Capacity related data in SAP.
To document the Load & Capacity processes.
To continuously contribute to improving the Capacity Planning processes.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; experience interacting with all levels of management
• Team Work
• Process and result oriented
• Proactive and analytical approach to problem solving
• Project and Resource Management skills
• Change Management
• Integrity & autonomy
• Good knowledge of business process and systems (SAP, MEDS, MES) and MRPII principles
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
- © Safran