Based in Gloucester, Safran UK operates the UK Shared Service Centre, providing key services to all Safran's UK businesses - including transactional finance, indirect procurement, HR, tax and international mobility management.
What will I be doing?
• The Buyer is responsible for purchasing items or services under optimum conditions of quality, price and time; for which the need has been expressed by the contracting customers.
• Undertakes all purchasing responsibilities to support the P2P (Purchase to Pay) process.
• Work collaboratively within the Purchasing Team to understand and support business strategy.
• Implement the supplier tendering and selection process.
• Negotiate and draw up contracts with the selected supplier(s)
• Steer industrialisation and digitalisation in line with Group CSR strategy.
• Consolidate supplier assessments (quality, logistics, purchasing)
• Steer the supplier improvement action plans (improving operational performance, reducing costs)
• Manage supplier relations
• Ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations of all parties
• Keep all purchase data up to date in systems
• Pro-actively deal with disputes
• Manage needs developments
• Ensure promotion of best practices in relation to your suppliers
• Act as a relay/ support for the category manager for your particular scope of activity, and report back on the information required for coordination
• In the case of a Group mandate, coordinate actions
• Support the process for source start-up
• Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and internal standards at Safran
With more than 76,800 employees, in 276 locations across 27 countries, we're a global leader in the Aerospace, Defence and Space industries.
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes Magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
Starting following probation* or after 12 months**
• Pension Scheme*: Employer contributes 9%, employee 0%. If employee puts 5% employer 10%
• Company Workwear*
• Life Assurance* x 4 salary
• Gym & Spa Discounts*
• Eye Care*
• Cycle2Work Scheme*
• PEGI Shares**
• Annual Leave Purchase Scheme**
• Health Cash plan or PHI subject to role**
What do you need from me?
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of purchasing methodologies and process
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• Strong numerical skills.
• Highly organised, structured approach and able to work using own initiative.
• Focused and task oriented; with resilience to complete a task in full.
• Good communication, listening and negotiation abilities
• Knowledge of the technical environment within which Safran operates
• Knowledge of industrial and purchasing policies Legal knowledge (contract)
• Knowledge of Lean-Sigma tools
• Previous experience within a purchasing team using; purchasing information systems
What is my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we are looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran UK to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We are committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran UK an inclusive place to work.
Limited travel across UK sites may be required on an adhoc basis.
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH