The role involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organisation. The role is to complete payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
The duties include:
• Processing purchase invoices onto ERP system, ensuring accuracy in matching and posting.
• Ensure that non purchase order invoices obtain the necessary level of authorisation.
• Build excellent relationships with Suppliers and internal departments to resolve any queries on a timely basis.
• Reconciling supplier's statements to AP Ledger and GRNI (goods received not invoiced).
• Investigate & resolve discrepancies on supplier accounts, requesting copy invoices/credit notes where necessary
• Scanning of documentation as and when required.
• Follow procedures, accurately and paying attention to detail.
• Weekly Payment runs, all currencies must be accurate and on time
• Support other Team members and the Team Leader with work load, month end duties, reporting requirements and cross ledger working.
Other Duties Include:
• Attend meetings at other locations as required
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably required within your competency.
• Adhere to all Group policies and procedures.
• Undertake any training and development activities at the request of your line manager.
• Take care of your own safety and the safety of others at all times by complying with the Health & Safety Policy at all times.
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Perform job responsibilities to the level identified in Internal Control procedures, policies and standards. Maintain an understanding of internal control standards.
• Follow strict procedures when dealing with master data and bank details updates to protect the company against fraud.
• Propose improvements of tools and processes within the group.
Performance measured by:
• One to Ones / Mid-Year Review / Annual Appraisal
• Feedback from internal and external stakeholders
• NPS Scores
• Demonstrate experience of working within similar Accounts Payable roles.
• Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Previous experience of working with ERP systems to process invoices.
• Able to work with, influence and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Proficient administration, numerical, planning and organizational skills.
• A comprehensive understanding of the ‘purchase to pay' process.
• Must have experience of processing high volumes of invoices
• Demonstrate innovative thinking to improve the processes with AP
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Knowledge of general accounting procedures
• Proficient and accurate in data entry and management
• Accounts payable or general accounting experience
• Robust problem solving skills.
• Previous experience of working with SAP to process invoices.
• Previous experience within a dynamic, responsive, fast paced team.
• Experience of working within a Shared Service Centre environment.
• Analytical skills covering written, graphic, numerical & statistical information.
• Previous project work experience
Educated to A level standard (or equivalent)
• Recognized Accounting Qualification.
• Educated to Degree standard (or equivalent)
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
other Safran sites in the UK
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran