In order to develop and expand the capabilities of SAFRAN Engineering Services in the UK, a weight engineer vacancy is open to support developments of Aerospace Cabin interior activities
• Define product weight targets in support of product conception.
• Define product sub assembly weight targets in order to enable a weight driven product design process.
• Prepare and review weights data in support of product conception and early development via the use of hand calculations using such toolsets as Excel or Mathcad.
• Prepare and review weights data in support of detailed product development and design modifications via the interrogation of CAD (Catia V5).
• Responsible for increasing weights data confidence by driving the process of the physical weighing of parts and utilisation of physical weight data at the earliest possible availability
• Manages self and liaises with senior members of the weights and project teams to ensure tasks are completed to requirements on time.
• Identify weight issues and assist in identifying weight reduction opportunities and provide support in any subsequent weight reduction activities
• Prepare and review weights reports in accordance with the weights plan.
• When required prepare and review weights reduction plans.
• Liaise with Design, Certification, Stress and other company departments as required
Degree level or equivalent, MSc preferred, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Design of Composite and/or metallic components.
- Excellent knowledge of Aerospace Cabin Interior Systems (Galleys, Seats,..)
- Excellent knowledge of computerized design and analysis methods (CATIA V5)
- Experience with GD&T, (tolerance stack up)
- Good experience of aerospace Composite (honeycomb) /Metallic materials and manufacturing processes
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Knowledge of Smarteam
- Customer focused/Ability to establish credibility with internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of SAFRAN BMS documents, ECR's, Permits, Concessions.
- Understanding of stress principles
- Awareness of A/C industry standards, regulations and qualification requirements
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands
- Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
- Awareness of PM+ methodology
Willing to relocate to Newport (UK) or near that location.
赛峰工程服务公司（Safran Engineering Services）在航空、能源和地面运输领域提供各类高科技的工程服务。凭借30年的经验，公司拥有分布于全球9个国家的3,000名工程师。
- © Safran