SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design. Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The Weights Engineer is responsible the development, optimisation and management of mass, inertia and centre of gravity properties for aircraft seating products for a given products full life-cycle (conception, development and in-service).
The Weights Engineer is responsible for delivery of all mass, inertia and CofG management activities relating to specific products / platforms within Safran Seats to which they have been assigned.
Key Duties & Responsibilities;
• Manages self and liaises with senior members of the weights and project teams to ensure tasks are completed to requirements on time.
• Define product weight targets in support of product conception.
• Define product sub assembly weight targets in order to enable a weight driven product design process.
• Prepare and review weights data in support of product conception and early development via the use of hand calculations using such toolsets as Excel or Mathcad.
• Prepare and review weights data in support of detailed product development and design modifications via the interrogation of CAD (Catia V5).
• Responsible for increasing weights data confidence by driving the process of the physical weighing of parts and utilisation of physical weight data at the earliest possible availability.
• Identify weight issues and assist in identifying weight reduction opportunities and provide support in any subsequent weight reduction activities.
• Prepare and review project specific weighing schedules and plans.
• Prepare and review weights reports in accordance with the weights plan.
• When required prepare and review weights reduction plans.
• Liaise with Design, Certification, Stress and other company departments as required.
• Liaise with external suppliers, customers, airframers, regulatory bodies and other industrial organisations as required.
• Provide support to continuous improvement of department processes, methods and manuals.
• Be innovative in their approach to problem solving. Ensure that innovative and creative ideas are promoted, evaluated and investigated to conclusion.
Minimum - 2:1 Bachelors (Honours) degree or equivalent in Mechanical/Aerospace/Structural Engineering.
3 years+ working in Aerospace or comparable industry.
Organisational and planning skills with ability to manage and meet deadlines and work effectively with different functions and levels of responsibility.
Ability to identify and implement weight reduction/optimisation opportunities.
Working to defined standards in weights analysis.
Prepare and review weights analysis hand calculations using Microsoft Excel and/or Mathcad.
Prepare and review weights analysis using CAD (Preferably Catia V5).
Prepare and review concise technical reports and presentations.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Occasional travel nationally, but rarely internationally
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Pays de Galles 英国
- © Safran