SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The Stress Engineer provides analytical support in structural and occupant injury simulation, working closely with other functions such as Design, Certification and Production to ensure that seating products are lightweight, durable and safe throughout their working life.
Key Duties & Responsibilities;
• Manages self and liaises with senior members of the stress team to ensure tasks are completed to requirements, of time, cost and quality.
• Prepare and review hand calculations, linear static, non-linear, crash, multi-body dynamic and optimisation FE models for seating products to support the design and certification process, plus the in-service life of the product.
• Prepare and review stress and structural documentation to submit for internal/external customers and regulatory approval.
• Review drawings, designs, concessions and repairs with respect to stress.
• Support the Design team in ensuring that products meet cost and weight targets.
• Identify structural design issues and assist in recommending improvements and alternate solutions.
• Liaise with Design, Certification, Manufacturing and other company departments as required.
• Liaise with external suppliers, customers, airframers, regulatory bodies and other industrial organisations as required.
• Provide support to continuous improvement of department processes, methods and manuals.
• Be innovative in their approach to problem solving. Ensure that innovative and creative ideas are promoted, evaluated and investigated to conclusion.
Minimum - 2:1 Bachelors (Honours) degree or equivalent in Mechanical/Aerospace/Structural Engineering. Preferably - MEng or PhD with specialism in FEA, simulation, dynamics, materials and/or structures. Degree accredited with IMechE. CEng status.
3 years+ working in Aerospace or comparable industry.
Organisational and planning skills with ability to self plan and manage the technical work, meet deadlines and work effectively with different functions and levels of responsibility.
Analysing structures made with high performance steels, corrosion resistant steels, aluminium and/or composite materials of both monolithic and sandwich panel construction.
Prepare advanced linear/non-linear implicit FEMs and/or non-linear explicit FEMs and/or MBD models of large complex assemblies.
Prepare hand calculations in accordance with industry standard methods.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Occasional travel nationally, but rarely internationally
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Pays de Galles 英国
- © Safran