Product / Service Planning
• Analyses and defines current and target status. Estimates cost effectiveness, points of risk, opportunities, strengths and weaknesses, with a critical approach. Creates structured plans; establishes time scales and milestones, ensuring optimisation of activities and resources. Manages services portfolio and change requests. Defines delivery quantity and provides an overview of additional documentation requirements. Specifies correct handling of products in accordance with current legislation.
• Systematically documents standard and simple elements of a product.
• Constructs and executes systematic test procedures for ICT systems or customer usability requirements to establish compliance with design specifications. Ensures that new or revised components or systems perform to expectation. Ensures meeting of internal, external, national and international standards; including health and safety, usability, performance, reliability or compatibility. Produces documents and reports to evidence certification requirements.
• Performs simple tests in strict compliance with detailed instructions.
• Following predefined general standards of practice carries out planned necessary interventions to implement solutions and services, including installing, securing, upgrading or decommissioning. Configures hardware, software or network to ensure interoperability of system components and debugs any resultant faults, incompatibilities or losses (damage).
• Engages additional specialist resources if required, such as third-party network providers. Formally hands over fully operational solution to user ICT management, and completes documentation recording all relevant information, including equipment addressees, configuration and performance data.
• Removes or installs components under guidance and in accordance with detailed instructions.
• Produces documents by integrating information and maintaining compliance with relevant requirements. Selects the appropriate style and format by determining the media type and presentation mode of the documentation. Creates templates for document-management systems. Ensures that documentation complies with customers', technical and ICT application development process needs and that existing documents are valid and up to date. Provides support for the development of interactive documents.
• Uses and applies standards to define document structure.
• Responds to user requests and issues, recording relevant information. Assures resolution or escalates incidents and optimises system performance in accordance with predefined service level agreements (SLAs). Understands how to monitor solution outcome and resultant customer satisfaction.
• Interacts with users, applies basic product knowledge to respond to user requests. Solves incidents, following prescribed procedures.
• Ensures service delivery in accordance with established service level agreements (SLA's). Takes proactive action to ensure stable and secure applications and ICT infrastructure to avoid potential service disruptions, attending to capacity planning and to information security. Updates operational document library and logs all service incidents. Maintains monitoring and management tools (i.e. scripts, procedures). Maintains IS services. Manages all aspects of service availability.
• Acts under guidance to record and track reliability data.
• Manages the life cycle of incidents and problems. Identifies and resolves the root cause of incidents. Takes a proactive approach to avoidance or identification of root cause of ICT problems. Deploys a knowledge system based on recurrence of common errors. Resolves or escalates incidents. Optimises system or component performance.
• Identifies and classifies incident types and service interruptions. Records incidents cataloguing them by symptom and resolution.
• Monitors and controls the IT services and their underlying physical systems and hardware. Manages the hardware, applications, networks, servers, virtual resources and other technical systems. Ensures up-to-date administration of resources, users and authentications. Manages devices in bring-your-own (BYOD) organisation, enabling user productivity and flexibility, preventing data loss, and enhancing data security.
Ability to manage and prioritise stakeholder expectations at all levels ranging from end user up to C-level
An ability to communicate complex technical/database related issues to business users
An ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure
A collaborative approach to delivery working with various technical and business departments.
Good working knowledge of data extraction, data modelling and data reporting techniques
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
- © Safran