SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The role of the Reliability Engineer is to produce and analyse reliability data in support of Aftermarket preventative maintenance activities and promote continuous engineering improvement.
Scope of Responsibilities;
Liaising with warranty team to supply reliability forecasts and analysis for claims
Identifying through analysis forward spares forecasts for spares team
Supplying cost of ownership data to sales team
Timely production of applicable documentation
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Analysis of field service failures with link into predictive modelling.
• Analysis of spares consumption Actual v Prediction.
• Creation of Recommended Spares Part Lists (RSPLs), Maintenance Planning Documents (MPDs) and 1 to 20 year Spares Usage Forecasts.
• Creation of Preventative Maintenance Document (PMD).
• Identify key risk areas via analysis of ISI database.
• Produce analysis in support of Guaranteed Direct Maintenance Cost (GDMC) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) documents for NPI bids.
Degree (or similar) in relevant Engineering discipline or suitable depth of experience in a Reliability Engineering role.
Ability to understand engineering drawings.
Familiarity with interrogating CAD models.
Excellent working knowledge of FMEA processes.
Have the ability to think strategically whilst being comfortable employing a hands-on approach.
Self-reliant, pro-active with an ability to work under own initiative
Highly motivated and results focused
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
There will be the exciting opportunity to travel to airports in France and America, to view Safran's work as part of this role.
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
- © Safran