Product / Service Planning
• Analyses and defines current and target status. Estimates cost effectiveness, points of risk, opportunities, strengths and weaknesses, with a critical approach. Creates structured plans; establishes time scales and milestones, ensuring optimisation of activities and resources. Manages services portfolio and change requests. Defines delivery quantity and provides an overview of additional documentation requirements. Specifies correct handling of products in accordance with current legislation.
• Exploits specialist knowledge to create and maintain complex documents.
• Responds to user requests and issues, recording relevant information. Assures resolution or escalates incidents and optimises system performance in accordance with predefined service level agreements (SLAs). Understands how to monitor solution outcome and resultant customer satisfaction.
• Systematically interprets user problems and identifies solutions and possible side effects. Uses experience to address user problems and interrogates database for potential solutions. Escalates complex or unresolved incidents. Records and tracks issues from outset to conclusion.
• Evaluates, implements and guides the evolution of an ICT solution evaluating changes and their impact. Ensures efficient control and scheduling of software or hardware modifications to prevent multiple upgrades creating unpredictable outcomes. Minimises service disruption as a consequence of changes and adheres to defined service level agreement (SLA). Ensures consideration and compliance with information security procedures.
• Ensures the integrity of the system by controlling the application of functional updates, software or hardware additions and maintenance activities. Complies with budget requirements.
• Ensures service delivery in accordance with established service level agreements (SLA's). Takes proactive action to ensure stable and secure applications and ICT infrastructure to avoid potential service disruptions, attending to capacity planning and to information security. Updates operational document library and logs all service incidents. Maintains monitoring and management tools (i.e. scripts, procedures). Maintains IS services. Manages all aspects of service availability.
• Systematically analyses performance data and communicates findings to senior experts. Escalates potential service level failures and security risks, recommends actions to improve service reliability. Tracks reliability data against SLA.
• Manages the life cycle of incidents and problems. Identifies and resolves the root cause of incidents. Takes a proactive approach to avoidance or identification of root cause of ICT problems. Deploys a knowledge system based on recurrence of common errors. Resolves or escalates incidents. Optimises system or component performance.
• Monitors and controls the IT services and their underlying physical systems and hardware. Manages the hardware, applications, networks, servers, virtual resources and other technical systems. Ensures up-to-date administration of resources, users and authentications. Manages devices in bring-your-own (BYOD) organisation, enabling user productivity and flexibility, preventing data loss, and enhancing data security.
• Systematically manages day by day operational needs across the IT system, avoiding service disruptions according to service and information security strategy.
• Applies a consistent procurement procedure, including deployment of the following sub processes: specification requirements; supplier identification; proposal analysis; evaluation of the energy efficiency and environmental compliance of products; suppliers and their processes; contract negotiation; supplier selection and contract placement. Ensures that the entire purchasing process is fit for purpose, compliant to legal requirements and adds value to the organisation.
• Understands and applies the principles of the procurement process; places orders based on existing supplier contracts. Ensures the correct execution of orders, including validation of deliverables and correlation with subsequent payments.
Ability to manage and prioritise stakeholder expectations at all levels ranging from end user up to C-level
An ability to communicate complex technical issues to business users
An ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure
A collaborative approach to delivery working with various technical and business departments.
Good working knowledge of networks, server and client products
Be able to handle a high degree of multi-tasking
- © Safran