SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
An Engineering Project Lead is a senior and key role at Safran. It requires an excellent project manager and a real problem solver - a go-to natural leader in the team. A strong communicator with the ability to converse at all levels is essential to succeed.
Managing across a functional matrix structure within the Technical Domain of the business, your responsibility is focused on effective planning and execution of engineering projects to meet or exceed the agreed performance metrics. You will be the Technical focal point for the project under your responsibility, across the entire business and also Customer and Airframer facing.
Your Key Responsibilities;
• Supporting the IPT in identifying project risk, mitigation actions and contingency plans
• Supporting the development of project plans, schedules and budgets
• Tracking progress of project tasks across multi-functional engineering teams
• Resolving schedule conflict and developing technical solutions with inputs from the Technical Functional teams, ensuring high levels of quality deliverables
• Providing a clear project status both internally and to the customer
• Tracking performance against budget for NRC and RC
• Ensuring effective management of large work packages across the group business units or with partners
• Liaising with the customer to present technical solutions and their impact on programme schedule
• Collating inputs to generate and maintain customer product specifications, creating and maintaining coherent work breakdown structures
• Managing technical requirements relevant to your project scope, through a systems engineering approach, tracking technical changes
• Participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
• Delivering the engineering requirements in support of the business gated processes
• HNC/HND within a related Engineering discipline is essential
• Engineering Degree within an Aerospace related discipline desirable
• Previous experience managing multi-functional teams including within a remote working setting
• A good understanding of the certification framework within which the work is undertaken, preferably with some knowledge of Aircraft Interiors
• An awareness of configuration management principles and change management processes
• Experienced in preparation of business cases or bids for new programmes including Technical specification preparation desirable
• An understanding of financial management within a new product development environment, dealing with different categories of costs that are both internal and external to the business
• Product development and associated processes
• Systems Engineering (Requirements Engineering, MBSE, Functional design)
• Mechanical, electrical and systems design
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Contribution based pension scheme with the option to opt out
• Free on-site parking
• On site subsidised restaurant, serving a variety of hot and cold food to suit all tastes
The role is based in Cwmbran, Wales and occasional travel will be required including to international locations (suppliers, customers and other Safran sites).
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Pays de Galles 英国
- © Safran