SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The role of the Electrical Certification Engineer is to carry out the electrical certification activities and electrical certification projects relating to seats and seat surrounding furniture assemblies. In this role, you will help to maintain the high quality standard of electrical certification documents and ensure on-time delivery of documents at all times. You will also liaise externally with customer's to qualify electrical systems and work out solutions.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Manage and deliver electrical certification programmes as per agreed schedules.
• Review and analyse electrical design data (installation drawings/wire diagrams, etc..) to ensure successful integration of electrical subsystems within the seat architecture.
• Responsible for the compilation and review of certification and documents such as qualification plans, test plans, test reports, electrical load analysis, grounding and bonding diagrams, Engineering Process Specification's (EPS), etc.
• Liaise externally with electrical equipment manufacturers to finalise the equipment and the installation specifications of the equipment on the seats/seat surrounding furnitures.
• Compile electrical component hardware and software specifications, to enable the supplier to develop and manufacture the electrical components to be installed in our products.
• Liaise internally with other teams (e.g Design, Industrialisation, procurement etc) to support LRU procurement, installation, troubleshootinig and qualification.
• Analyze and oversee Electrical Certification requirements, e.g. EMC /EMI testing (Electrical Systems)
• Preparation and review of the Qualification Test Plans/Reports, Acceptance Test Plans/Reports
• Preparation and review of System Safety Analysis Documents, FMEA Documents and Grounding and Bonding Documents, etc.
• Completion of Design Verification Testing in support of first article inspections.
Qualified to a minimum of a degree in an electrical engineering field. Alternatively a HNC/HND or an equivalent qualification in an Electrical Engineering field, with a demonstrated knowledge / experience in electrical certification and/or aircraft interior equipment and installation.
Experience of EMI/EMC testing/certification.
Wide knowledge of Aerospace Engineering processes, and a more detailed working knowledge of the Engineering processes within Safran Seats.
A working knowledge of the various methods of manufacture and test of electrical and electronic components and assemblies.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
There is no regular travel required with this role
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Pays de Galles 英国