SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The role of a CNC Setter / Operator is to produce machined parts by setting and operating CNC lathes,, and vertical and horizontal milling/routing machines whilst maintaining quality and safety standards.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Download programs from the file server
• Setup and run CNC machining centres
• Prove out new NPI programs
• Use Vernier's and other inspection equipment to meet tolerance requirements stipulated in engineering drawings
• Perform daily / weekly maintenance tasks in accordance with Machine Centre maintenance plan
• Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities
• Complete all necessary paper work as required
• Work with Line Leader & programming team seeking opportunities to improve processes and reduce cycle times
• Support team colleagues
• Maintain good housekeeping in accordance with 5S processes and practices
• Take responsibility for own quality of output
• Perform other tasks as reasonably requested by Line Leader / Manager
Hours of work are double days, rotating weekly;
Monday to Thursday; 6.00am-2.30pm, Friday 6.00am-12.00pm midday
Monday to Thursday; 2.30pm-11.00pm, Friday 12.00pm midday-6.00pm.
Indentured apprentice or equivalent modern apprenticeship experienced in running and setting of CNC vertical, horizontal mills, CNC lathes and multi axis routing machines.
NVQ Level 2+3 mechanical engineering
B-Tec national diploma mechanical engineering.
Pro-active individual with a positive attitude.
Quality focused with a keen eye for detail, prepared to promote and participate in continuous improvement activities.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
There is no regular travel required with this role.
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Pays de Galles 英国