SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The mechanical technician is responsible for the build and development of all mechanical aspect of new product introduction projects undertaken by the industrialisation department.
• Check supplied parts and assemblies to ensure compliance to drawing, design data and all relevant specifications
• Represent the department in product design reviews giving feedback on likely issues and improvement opportunities
• Analyse product design using CAD models and log issues per company process (5C)
• Identify assembly and manufacturing process improvement opportunities throughout the product development phase
• Build Development articles against CAD model screen grabs/instructions
• Analyse development article builds and log issues
• Define and validate solutions and countermeasures for 5C issues raised
• Build test articles to standard production processes and record deviations
• Route harnesses to drawing
• View/interrogate product BOMs and locate parts on company's MRP system (BaaN)
• Rework parts to new design solutions for trial and evaluation
• Rework “out of revision” parts to the latest design standard and complete minor rework order form
• Maintain the engineering quality and integrity of the work produced within their work package
• Work with other departments to ensure that the design solution meets the appropriate airworthiness requirements
• Record timings for assembly and disassembly for calculation of cycle times
• Identify the need for jigs and fixtures to ensure correct assembly
• Generate, validate and revise Process Work Instructions
• Fault find and rectify issues
• Train production operators in the assembly process of new products
• Support product events with customers - PDR/CDR/FAI/FSR
• Support off-site activities e.g. installation of products into aircraft
• Support the rework of in-service products against warranty claims and service bulletins
• Communicate effectively and professionally with other departments, customers and suppliers
• Undertake and maintain 5S activities within the department
• Participate in (RCA) route cause analysis activities
Minimum of BTEC L3 (mechanical engineering) OR suitable depth of relevant experience/time served apprentice
Aerospace/automotive manufacturing experience at defined competent level
Experience of working within company and regulatory processes, standards and specifications
Knowledge of machining operations
Knowledge and use of mechanical fixings - screws, rivets, nails etc.
Knowledge of different materials - sheet metal, steel, wood, composite etc.
Good knowledge of design for assembly/manufacture principles
Sheet metal working
Ability to interrogate models using 3D CAD software
Ability to read 2D drawings
Use of tools and/or materials for: cutting, drilling, potting, helicoiling, bonding etc.
Good written and oral communication skills
Good problem solving skills
Computer literate with basic working knowledge of MS applications
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Ability to work with minimal level of supervision & intervention
Capable of working as part of a team but also on own initiative
Willing to travel to support company objectives
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Local and international travel may be required from time to time
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Pays de Galles 英国
- © Safran