SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The electrical technician is responsible for the build and development of all electrical aspect of new product introduction projects undertaken by the industrialisation department.
You will support design engineering and operations departments to deliver new customer programmes into production on time, to cost and to a high quality standard.
There will also be periodic support required by production, sales, R & T and after market teams to deliver customer requests.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
• Check supplied parts and assemblies to ensure compliance to drawing, design data and all relevant specifications
• Build Development articles against CAD model screen grabs/instructions
• View/interrogate product BOMs and locate parts on company's MRP system (BaaN)
• Rework parts to new design solutions for trial and evaluation
• Maintain the engineering quality and integrity of the work produced within their work package
• Record timings for assembly and disassembly for calculation of cycle times
• Undertake and maintain 5S activities within the department
• Raise requisition for purchase of parts and equipment to meet department needs
• Assemble, install, wire & route electrical looms, appliances and IFE equipment to design data.
• Carry out bonding, testing and insulation resistance testing in accordance with Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) for verification.
• Perform electrical systems function tests in accordance with ATP (including calibration of the seat) for verification.
• Use of basic hand and power tools to assemble and modify parts e.g. drill, cut, bond, rivet e.t.c.
Minimum of BTEC L3 (electrical engineering) OR suitable depth of relevant experience/time served apprentice
Assembly and wiring of electrical systems
Fault finding and repair of electrical systems
Ability to interrogate models using 3D CAD software
Ability to read 2D mechanical drawings
Ability to interpret electrical circuit schematics
Ability to use electrical tools - wire strippers, cutters, crimping tools, soldering iron etc.
Ability to use electrical measurement equipment e.g multi-meter
Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS applications
Good written and oral communication skills
Good problem solving skills
Eager to learn
A good team player
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Local and international travel may be required from time to time
Kestrel House, Lakeside, Llantarnam NP44 3HQ
Pays de Galles 英国