SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines. With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
The Electrical Technician will support design engineering and operations departments to deliver new customer programmes into production on time, to cost and to a high quality standard.
There will also be periodic support required by production, sales, R & T and after market teams to deliver customer requests.
The job role sits within a team of 31 people comprising Lead engineers, Manufacturing engineers, Aerospace technicians (mechanical and trim) all based in Henry Thomas House, Cwmbran, Wales U.K.
Key Responsibilities & Duties;
Check supplied parts and assemblies to ensure compliance to drawing, design data
and all relevant specifications
• Represent the department in product design reviews giving feedback on likely
issues and improvement opportunities
• Analyse product design using CAD models and log issues per company process
• Identify assembly and manufacturing process improvement opportunities
throughout the product development phase
• Build Development articles against CAD model screen grabs/instructions
• Analyse development article builds and log issues
• Define and validate solutions and countermeasures for 5C issues raised
• Build test articles to standard production processes and record deviations
• View/interrogate product BOMs and locate parts on company's MRP system
• Rework parts to new design solutions for trial and evaluation
• Rework “out of revision” parts to the latest design standard and complete minor
rework order form
• Maintain the engineering quality and integrity of the work produced within their work
• Work with other departments to ensure that the design solution meets the
appropriate airworthiness requirements
• Record timings for assembly and disassembly for calculation of cycle times
• Identify the need for jigs and fixtures to ensure correct assembly
• Generate, validate and revise Process Work Instructions
• Fault find and rectify issues
• Train production operators in the assembly process of new products
• Support product events with customers - PDR/CDR/FAI/FSR
• Support off-site activities e.g. installation of products into aircraft
• Support the rework of in-service products against warranty claims and service
• Communicate effectively and professionally with other departments, customers and suppliers
• Undertake and maintain 5S activities within the department
• Participate in (RCA) route cause analysis activities
• Generate and implement continuous improvement ideas
• Raise requisition for purchase of parts and equipment to meet department needs
• Raise permits and concessions in line with company processes
• Assemble, install, wire & route electrical looms, appliances and IFE equipment to design data.
• Identify, design and manufacture test harnesses/equipment
• Carry out bonding, testing and insulation resistance testing in accordance with Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) for verification.
• Perform electrical systems function tests in accordance with ATP (including calibration of the seat) for verification.
• Use of basic hand tools to assemble and modify parts e.g. drill, cut, bond, rivet e.t.c.
Minimum of BTEC L3 (electrical engineering) OR suitable depth of relevant experience/time served apprentice;
Experience in aerospace seat manufacture at defined competent level;
Experience of working within company and regulatory
processes, standards and specifications;
Assembly and wiring of electrical systems;
Fault finding and repair of electrical systems;
Good knowledge of design for assembly/manufacture principles;
Ability to interrogate models using 3D CAD software;
Ability to read 2D mechanical drawings;
Ability to interpret electrical circuit schematics;
Ability to use electrical tools - wire strippers, cutters, crimping tools, soldering iron etc.
Ability to use electrical measurement equipment e.g multi-meter;
Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS
Good written and oral communication skills;
Good problem solving skills;
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
Ability to work with minimal supervision & intervention;
Capable of working as part of a team but also on own initiative.
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Local and international travel may be required from time to time.
- © Safran