We're a leader in the worldwide nacelle market for aircraft engines. Through our unrivalled technological expertise, we integrate nacelle components to optimise the performance of aircraft propulsion systems. We continually strive to make our products lighter, quieter, smarter and easier to maintain.
What will I be doing?
Due to expansion, we are looking for Manufacturing Engineers to work in the Sheet Metal production unit. This role offers a wide range of work, which you will broaden, your knowledge and experience:
- Translating designs into efficient, high quality, repeatable production processes.
- Supporting day-to-day operations by solving production issues, driving down costs to increase profitability.
- Purchasing capital equipment to widen our capabilities.
Working in a small team of engineers under the supervision of an Engineering Team Leader, you will be working on multiple programs and parts.
What will you do?
• Define manufacturing processes, ensuring all processes are consistent and compliant with specifications.
• Create routes, BOMS, master layouts, tooling requests and data sheets.
• Create and validate standard operating procedures, work instruction sheets, quality control points and methods of inspection.
• Ensure that the performance of the process meets defined targets; quality, cost, delivery and statistical process control.
• Ensure that effective plant, equipment and tooling strategies are in place.
• Ensure that processes are safe taking into account COSHH, SHE and human factors.
• Plan, drive and coordinate the activities contributing to efficient product industrialisation.
• Take part in product validation using PPAP methodology.
• Evaluate process risks and manage actions plans to reduce this using PFMEA.
• Solve production issues using problem solving techniques including 5WHY and 8D.
What's in it for you?
Safran is an international high-technology group; its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible.
Safran has a global presence, with 83 000 employees and sales of 19.0 billion euros in 2022.
At Safran Nacelles, we oversee the design, development and manufacture of nacelles for a range of aircrafts.
Our UK site in Burnley is also a worldwide centre of excellence for business jet nacelles, which have been designed and manufactured here for nearly 20 years.
There are five People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
• We have a safety first culture where everyone shares responsibility for making our site a safe place to work.
• We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
• We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
• We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
• We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you'll receive:
• 25 days holiday plus 8 UK Bank holidays with additional holidays for service after 10 years
• Flexi-Time Policy
• Private Healthcare
• Up to 10% Employer Pension Contribution
• Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
What we are looking for?
• Technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
• HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject.
• BEng in a relevant Engineering Degree.
• A dynamic individual who can demonstrate a knowledge of sheet metal processes and has the ability to translate drawing requirements into production processes producing high quality components at the target price.
• A team player who can work to support a production department producing 2600 part references. Experienced in the use engineering tools to resolve issues, drive down cost and increase quality.
• Have experience of sheet metal manufacturing engineering, preferably in an Aerospace background. A working knowledge of Titanium, Aluminium and Steel Aerospace materials and their mechanical properties.
• Experience of material heat treatment and an understanding of material transformations would be an advantage.
• A modern engineer comfortable working with digital tools to provide concurrent engineering across countries and continents, Safran is committed to Industry 4.0 and beyond.
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Nacelles to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential.
We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Nacelles an inclusive place to work.
- Occasional travel to France and Morocco