To be a fully effective member of the Stores, Goods in and Dispatch team, undertaking all required tasks in these areas and ensuring that all material is appropriately managed in accordance with Company procedures. Receiving and storing stock items, maintaining accurate records of the company's stocks and distributing materials to colleagues according to requisitions. Liaising with customers including UK and overseas agents and airlines in order to arrange delivery of freight to its final destination, gathering and providing both air and sea freight costings and quotations.
• Receiving and counting stock items, and entering onto the in house computer system
• Packing and unpacking items to be stocked on shelves, storing items in an orderly and accessible manner in the inventory
• Dealing with any issues that arise in relation to stock items
• Performing regular inventories to assess stock levels and verifying inventory data by carrying out physical counts of stock
• Carrying out daily stores, dispatch and goods in tasks, using the fork lift truck (or other equipment) to move goods/materials, assisting with the loading/unloading of goods/materials. Moving goods/materials into the dispatch area.
• Issue and distribute materials, parts and supplies to the workshop based on information from incoming requisitions.
• Liaising directly with customers within the UK and overseas to arrange delivery to final destination
• Record keeping and supporting internal and audits and inspections
• Receiving and processing both air and sea freight shipments
• Providing accurate clearance instructions to freight agents
• Researching costings and getting quotations for air and sea freight
• Organising dangerous goods shipping (IATA Air Freight and IMDG Sea Freight)
•Adherence to all Health & Safety rules and guidelines, ensuring full awareness and understanding of the risks involved in the area and the job. Take action to ensure your own and colleagues safety at all times; wearing the appropriate PPE at all times. Ensuring the effective and safe operating of all equipment, particularly any vehicles; view the condition of any equipment, raising concerns regarding its safety immediately. Report all accidents/near misses and participate fully in any investigations.
• Completion of any other additional tasks assigned by the Logistics Manager.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Well organised with the ability to manage time and workload efficiently
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to work and liaise with people at all levels of the business
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc…
• Previous Stores/Logistics experience within an Aerospace environment or other relevant business sectors
• Knowledge or understanding of Dangerous goods
• Previous experience in the use of counterbalance forklift
Unit 610, Avenue West Skyline 120 CM77 7AA
- © Safran