Today, we all find ourselves in a contradiction: the world is changing at an incredible speed and at the same time the need for safety is deeply rooted in each of us – regardless of where we live. It's good that there are forces that provide more security and stability in a changing world. As Safran Vectronix, we support these forces in their mission and make it our own: Dedicated to providing solutions to raise mission intelligence and mission safety, we are recognized as a global leader in state-of-the-art optronic equipment for military, systems, and sensors for military and civil applications. With 100 years of Swiss tradition and excellence we serve customers in more than 90 countries.
We strive to fill our company values with life, and see Empowerment, Walk the Talk, Customer Focus, Team, Agility as the foundation of our daily work. If you share the same vision as us, we look forward to receiving your application for:
Development Engineer Optics (f/m/d)
YOUR MAIN TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
• Development of cutting-edge optoelectronic systems (production tools and products)
• Investigation and evaluation of new technologies in optical sensors (visible, SWIR, MWIR, LWIR, LRF-sensors)
• Performance simulation, requirement definition and concepts for optical systems and sensors
• Hands-on optical measurements and characterizations in our optic laboratories
• Technical support for the production and product evolution during the full life-cycle of our products
• Proactive and self-motivated participation in interdisciplinary and cross-cultural project teams
• Overview of optics related technologies and evaluation of new technologies
As a person, you convince with good analytic and communicative skills in combination with team-oriented open-minded way of working. Together with colleagues from various nationalities, you make a significant contribution from the conception to the life cycle support of our products. We are looking for candidates with a Master degree / PhD in physics, optics or any related field with strong experiences and solid hands-on knowhow with optoelectronics, simulations and optic development. Additionally, you already worked for a few years in the field of optics in academia or industrial environment. Ideally, you are familiar with optical sensors and their performance evaluation or range finding technologies. Good written and spoken English and German skills complete your profile. French would be a plus.
- © Safran