The RAMS Engineer is required to provide advice and support on the safety aspects of design so that aircraft systems are developed in line with ARP 4754A
In addition, the RAMS Engineer is also required to act as a member of the Systems Team carrying out systems engineering activities as allocated
No direct reports. As a RAMS Engineer, influences product designs by providing safety design advice to others so that product and systems designs are compliant to ARP 4754A and therefore more likely to be certified as airworthy (i.e. capable of use on aircraft)
No financial responsibility
Will discuss Safety and Reliability issues directly with Customers on allocated programs
• Is delegated by the Safety & Reliability Systems Consultant Engineer to provide RAMS leadership to allocated programs or projects
• Provides advice and guidance on the safety aspects of the design of products at equipment as well as systems level
• Produces the RAMS deliverables (i.e. documentation and analyses) for allocated programs, working closely with the relevant Lead Engineers to achieve the customer milestones for each allocated project.
• Performs the various analyses such as the Failure Mode, Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Predictions, Common Mode Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, etc.
• Produces the RAMS documentation on each allocated program (FMEA, MTBF Predictions, Failure Analysis, etc.)
• Discusses Safety and Reliability issues with Customers on the allocated programs.
• Performs Risk Assessments as required by the Business for potential safety issues.
• Analyse a systems Compliance Analysis, Verification Analysis and Declaration of Design and Performance in order to set up DOORS safety requirements modules and link to hardware and software/firmware derived requirements.
• Carry out Systems Testing as well as System Design investigations to verify and investigate System performance (both on site and at Customers facilities)
• Propose relevant firmware/software solutions and fixes to issues found
• Deliver the required System related documentation according to the Customer's schedule.
• Provide relevant safety advice to others to enable product designs to be certified for airworthiness
• Deliver the Safety and Reliability documentation and perform relevant analyses to meet customer's schedule and requirements.
• Working independently to deliver Work Packages for both RAMs and Systems liaising with Project Managers and Design Engineers as necessary.
• Degree qualified in Electrical, Electronic, Aeronautical, Systems or other appropriate professional qualification
• Thorough understanding of the safety process and related analyses.
• Detailed knowledge of Electrical Generation & Power Distribution Systems.
• Good understanding of the Systems Engineering processes and its application to the product lifecycle.
• Has to ability to analyse and understand the System operation such that software/firmware fixes for system perform issues can be proposed.
• DOORS operating experience is essential.
• Ability to make decisions with limited or contradictory information.
• Good time management with the ability to prioritise tasks.
• Good stakeholder management skills and experience of building effective customer relationships.
• Good analytical skills and self-motivation.
• Ability to motivate others.
• Good written and verbal communication
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
赛峰电气与电源公司（Safran Electrical & Power）是航空电气系统领域世界领先企业之一。公司是电力和混合推进设备电气化领域的重要企业。公司在13个国家拥有11,500名员工。
- © Safran