This role is responsible for managing, undertaking and carrying out the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading and managing the V&V activities for generator, control and motor drive engineering programmes. Leading activities from the start of the project, working with Customers, Lead Engineers, TPMs, Project Management, Test & Facilities Manager and Test Engineers to define the V&V strategy that meets customer and regulatory requirements and ultimately delivers the right System/Product
• Define the requirement data model, establish Customer Requirements of the correct quality, determine appropriate validation methods, and develop both standard and non-standard verification methods, specifying test equipment and suitable test/analysis facilities to meet project deliverables
• Author or approve technical documentation, including but not limited to verification plans, test procedures and reports. Oversee and have the ability to perform development and qualification testing of all Safran products and systems ensuring accurate results and customer confidence in System/Product design performance
• Responsible for defining the vision and strategy for the Validation and Verification on a given project and at CoE level.
• Works with a team of 2 or more Validation and Verification Engineers to implement the agreed strategy
• Manage and co-ordinate customer requirements, define the requirement data model and ensure all activities are performed and any potential risks are identified
• Lead the generation of technical documentation, including integrated validation and verification strategy and plans, manage development and validation programmes and associated resources to achieve and meet customers' demands
• Provide technical support and guidance to facilitate the implementation of accurate and concise test procedures
• Responsibility for guiding and supporting engineers and projects during all aspects of product development activities from providing technical documents, define, co-ordinate and assist with testing set-ups and processes to produce results and reports in line with planned timescales
• Responsibility for delivering the V&V activities, of the project s/he is allocated to, on budget, quality and on time.
• Be prepared to work off site at customers and suppliers sites to assists setup and perform testing for Safran products
• Work with other Safran sites when required to assist with developing new product understanding and testing.
• Participate in the development and implementation of the V&V strategy for engineering.
• Accountable for validating Customer Requirements, Systems requirements, LRU requirements
• Responsible for the V&V strategy, test plans and resource requirements, including equipment and personnel, in order to best meet the customers' specification and timescales
• Responsible for the adequacy of the requirements data model (in the company's requirement management tool) with the V&V strategy.
• Work in the project teams to investigate problems and failures that occur in Safran products during the development cycle.
• Working with customers and colleagues sharing knowledge and experience, in all technical areas and aspects of project work throughout the V&V Cycle, including carrying out technical peer reviews to ensure the equipment and test methods used in the validation and verification processes are ensuring the right coverage.
• Responsible for writing, reviewing and approving engineering documentation, maintaining technical accountability for both the content and work of others when required
• Provide technical expertise to assist the setting-up and execution of testing on Safran products. Ensure the associated Risk Assessments are in place prior to any testing being conducted. Ensure the safety of the tests.
• Carry out data acquisition and analysis of tests results as required to demonstrate compliance, determine trends, performance and reliability of Safran products
• Extensive experience in V&V process for aeronautical equipment and systems (ARP4754A and equivalent)
• Extensive development and certification knowledge and experience e.g. thorough understanding of all aspects of development engineering including compliance verification, technical risk, compilation of technical documentation and use of instrumentation
• Advanced knowledge of Generators, Motors, Drives, Hybrid Power Systems and experience of full aircraft electrical system would be an advantage
• Experience in an Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineering discipline (or a relevant engineering qualification)
• Knowledge and experience of requirements management and associated tools e.g. DOORS / Integrity
• At least one of the following expertise :
o Machine and channel system testing
o Electronic HW / SW integration testing
o Test Equipment
o EMC testing
o Environmental testing (Vibration, Temperature, Altitude, …)
• Knowledge and experience of RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810 and similar environmental test standards
• Ability to communicate clearly through written and verbal means to all levels of staff e.g. peers, Design Engineers, Maintenance Team, Senior Management and interact with other Engineering teams and the external customer
• Ability to analyse and resolve complex problems by devising creative and effective solutions
• An aptitude for working methodically and systematically in a safe manner sharing knowledge and experience with colleagues and engineers in a positive and proactive manner
• Ability to plan and organise acitivies for a subset of the project team.
• Ability to work within agreed timescales, follow tasks through to completion and meet program deadlines
• Experienced in data acquisition systems and analysis tools and presentation of results
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools
• Understand the requirement for continuous improvement activities to ensure provision of an effective and reliable service
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
赛峰电气与电源公司（Safran Electrical & Power）是航空电气系统领域世界领先企业之一。公司是电力和混合推进设备电气化领域的重要企业。公司在 三 个国家拥有11,500名员工。
- © Safran