3. Describe the role? The role is responsible for the employees and tasks undertaken by those involved with Configuration Control.
Along with the Configuration team, the Configuration Manager is responsible for Product Configuration Control, One Safran develop and the effectiveness of the change control processes at Pitstone which integrates all departments.
4. To what project(s) will the role be assigned and if more than one, in what percentages?
There will be a mixture of both direct project work and team management within this role and new configuration processes are being instigated. A breakdown is shown below as an example.
• Config management, Training & process implementation – 20% = P99-xx-xx-P
• ENGINeUS Various – 15% = R60x-x (red label)
• Bell 525 – 10% = P10-xx-xx-P
• Airbus A320 / A330 / A340 – 15% = P01-xx-xx-P
• Global Express – 10% = P23-xx-xx-P
• Dassault Falcon – 10% = P21-xx-xx-P
• MA700 – 10% = P30-xx-xx-P
• SAAB – 10 % = P25-xx-xx-P
7. What are the role deliverables?
Effectiveness of CCB (Change Control Board)
Accuracy of change documentation
Change control processes fit for purpose
Implementation of one Safran develop process
Integration of configuration control within all aspects of business functions. Both operations and engineering.
On time/On quality delivery
8. What milestones apply? Engineering
9. To whom does the role report? Process, Methods and Tools Manager
10. What tools and equipment will the applicant be required to provide other than skills? There are a range of company tools available
11. What security clearance is required for the role? Standard company requirements including ITAR
Hours and Location
12. Number of hours commitment required per day/week/month? Minimum 4 ½ days / week
13. Can the applicant choose when the work is delivered or is there a set hours requirements? Set hours / days requirement
14. In what location is the role based? Pitstone Green.
15. Can the applicant choose when and where they deliver the work? Support in adherence to the current WoW needs to be sustained during normal working hours.
Duration of the role
16. How long is the role due to last? This role is for an initial period of 12 months to allow the team to grow and develop with the option that the supplier may choose a candidate who could transition to permanent staff during this time.
17. Is an extension likely or possible? An extension for this will be covered if required, however the duration of which is likely to be for a maximum of only 6 months and based on a permanent candidate transition being completed.
18. May the term of the appointment be brought to an end in advance of the end of the fixed term or will the individual be re-allocated? This work sill stop being undertaken if / when the candidate found is suitable and results in being recruited into the Configuration Working Team Lead role.
19. What notice period will apply of each side to bring the appointment to an end? For the duration of the initial role prior to 3 months being completed a 1 week notice period will be in effect.
6. What skills and/or experience are required?
Expert level knowledge and/or experience in product configuration management in Aerospace or related industry
Ability to lead a small team
Management of stakeholders (Engineering, Programs, Manufacturing, Customer)
Experience of PLM and ALM tools (Windchill)
• Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
赛峰电气与电源公司（Safran Electrical & Power）是航空电气系统领域世界领先企业之一。公司是电力和混合推进设备电气化领域的重要企业。公司在13个国家拥有11,500名员工。
- © Safran