• Physically load, unload raw materials, complex commodities, capital equipment and miscellaneous items. Receive, unpack, check, and store goods and materials
• Verify items against shipping documents, and inspect condition of shipments
• Process all received materials/commodities/equipment and other items accurately in the system (SAP), following SLS KY guidelines and procedures
• Update and maintain purchasing receiving databases, ship packages, all outbound shipment records, keep archive records
• Ensure Class A items are received in and certificates forwarded to Quality Department
• Spare parts follow SOP and communicate any issues to Purchasing/Logistics/ end user
• Responsible for correctly shipping/storing materials according to OSHA regulations and SLS KY Safety guidelines
• Interco deliveries: Ensure deliveries from MOL are received into SAP.
• WB torque tubes: ensure receipts and shipments for WB are done physically and in the system (SAP)
• Communications with Customer Service, Operations, Purchasing, Welcome Center, Quality and Logistics must be clear and detailed.
• Management of dock hours drop-offs, pick-ups and refusals per policy
• Call and Log for Trash dumpster/Scrap Metal switch outs
• Assist with Recyclables and Waste steams as needed (i.e. Achille Bayart, Shamokin, Wisdom,…)
Physical/Environmental Scope of Position
• Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
• Work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
• Subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils and other related industrial hazards
• Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of the "Heavy" Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
• High school diploma/GED
• Experience in shipping/receiving/storage of products including complex commodities, hazardous materials and international standards
• Experience in material/inventory control techniques. (Kanban, MRP, and/or Visual Management, SAP, SharePoint)
• Education/training in computer/software applications and HAZMAT preferred
• Experience in 5S and Quick Response to Quality Control (QRQC)
No travel required.
- © Safran