• Responsible for the qualification of new part and programs. Interface with internal and external cross-functional teams including program management, design office, materials team and others to ensure proper communication and timely deliverable of the project milestones.
• Responsible for the qualification of equipment and process changes utilizing the PPAP methodology.
• Learn, manage, and maintain parts configurations in our internal ERP system.
• Lead support and training of Safran Landing Systems manufacturing personnel for current and future hi-temp processes.
• Create and support capacity models for current and future equipment.
• Responsible for process documentation such standard operating procedures (SOP), work instructions (WIS), Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA) for the hi-temp workshop.
• Implementation of statistical process control (SPC) for critical process parameters. This will involve working and training manufacturing personal as necessary.
• Process and equipment improvements to maximize the production capacity and carbon/carbon part quality.
• Recommend and implement changes to materials and processes based on results of experimental evaluations.
• Interface with manufacturing and maintenance personnel regarding operations of hi-temp equipment, including routine operation, emergency procedures, and safety considerations.
• Work closely with operations to ensure optimal upkeep of furnace internals and proper working condition.
• Participate and support in an engineering capacity lean manufacturing projects as well as part/material handling improvements
• Perform other related duties as required
• Will be exposed to and handle hazardous wastes as defined in 40 CFR 261.3
• Sit for long periods of time while operating office equipment
• Work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
• Subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils and other related industrial hazards
• Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of the "Light" Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
• Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
Required Behavioral Dimensions
• Decision Making
• Formal Presentation
• Information Monitoring
• Quality Orientation
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
• Bachelor of Science degree in chemical, materials science, or electrical/mechanical engineering preferred.
• At least five (5) years' experience in carbon/carbon processing and or induction furnace technology desirable.
• Experience or training in statistical design of experiments and/or statistical analysis of experimental results.
- © Safran