Position will support various Engineering projects. In the spirit of teamwork, and in support of the matrix organization, the work may involve slides, slide/rafts, liferafts, and life vests. The successful candidate will be expected to take direction from the Project Managers, and/or the VP of Engineering, take initiative where appropriate and have the ability to effectively communicate with the individuals working in support of Engineering efforts. The position requires strong problem solving skills with the ability to work independently as well as in a team setting, at a fast pace and on multiple projects. Additional desirable skills include the ability and willingness to take a physical, hands-on approach to engineering efforts. The ideal candidate will be proactive with demonstrated forward thinking capabilities, positive attitude and self-motivated.
1. Provide Engineering functions for the entire product development cycle (design, development, qualification, and certification.
2. Write and review test plans and reports.
3. Collect and maintain test data and perform analyses as needed.
4. Participate in and provide direction to technicians for testing (Development/Qualification/Certification).
5. Ability to work as needed in the Engineering Test center during all seasons (Test Center is not climate controlled).
6. Apply root-cause analysis to solve problems as needed.
7. Limited travel to suppliers, customers, test laboratories, and other Safran facilities.
8. Use of computer aided design (CAD) software to design and analyze parts and assemblies.
9. Integrate all technical, cost, value, reliability and manufacturability requirements.
10. Design responsibility for preparation of engineering drawings. Approves release of drawings to Production.
11. Engineering support as necessary of in-house production effort and products in the field.
12. Other duties as assigned.
• BSME or other comparable engineering discipline plus experience with CAD tools such as CATIA.
• Creative problem solver.
• Good communicator, integrator and team player.
Occasional travel to suppliers, customers, and other Safran facilities
1747 NJ-34 NJ 07727
- © Safran