Responsible for the efforts relating to engineering data input, changes, release, and recordkeeping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Process and track changes to engineering data (e.g. ECN, BOM/Item requests).
2. Assist in the preparation of design change documents (e.g., ECN's, EDR's).
3. Participates in all aspects of ECRB (Engineering Change Review Board) preparation, distribution, and change effectivity control.
4. Updates product structures to ensure data and part requirements are accurately depicted in M3 ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
5. Update/type Engineering documents using Microsoft Word (e.g. specifications, EDRs).
6. Assists in establishing and enforcing configuration management department processes.
7. Provides various status reports and charts of product changes and processes for further analysis and follow up via Excel.
8. Coordinates the release of all product changes and ensures accurate record keeping and task completion.
9. Submits and monitors engineering data to customers and coordinates with Engineering if changes have comments or are rejected by the customer.
10. Distributes engineering documents both electronically and via paper distribution processes.
11. Audits all areas to assure conformity to written CM procedures.
12. Monitors and controls serialization procedure.
13. Generates documentation to successfully validate new or changed products.
14. Perform other department tasks as defined by manager.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in on-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Regular attendance is an essential job function.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to type
Ability to work with specific computer software including M3 ERP system, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and IDOCs
Familiarity with industry terminology
Familiarity with Configuration Management procedures and M3 ERP system
1747 NJ-34 NJ 07727
- © Safran