Job Location: Twinsburg, Ohio
The role of the Procurement Buyer is to oversee the coordination of all purchasing requirements for
Safran Electrical & Power across multiple divisions with a defined list of supplier's. This involves purchasing to Material Requirement Plan (MRP). The Buyer will be part of the project team of work transfer between Safran sites.
This role will be purchasing various components across electrical, winding, and machining commodities. The role will focus on a specific transfer project but also assisting in surge NPI purchasing, indirect purchasing, and any various supply chain tasks as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Act as focal point and champion for all purchasing transition activities involved in transfer of work between sites.
* Assist Supplier Account Manager with integration of new suppliers into Safran supply chain procedures
* Identify cost saving opportunities and process improvements with suppliers in scope
* Work with suppliers to ensure deliveries are on-time, in full and aligned with the needs of the business;
* Drive improvement actions via KPI review and maintenance
* Supplier Acknowledgements within the supplier portal
* Purchase Orders late to requirements
* Action Messages (reschedule in or push product out)
* Escalate, where appropriate, any significant issues that require management intervention or awareness
* Manage key complex suppliers with focus on facts and data to meet demand in a challenging environment
* Permits/Concessions or Invoice query resolution and corrective actions where needed
* Work with Purchasing/SPM/SQA/Vendors to ensure/create robust and efficient Supply chains
* Manage returns to vendors via the NCT process
* Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
* Evening/night hours may be required.
* Extra hours may be required during business peaks
* Other duties may be assigned.
May require long periods of sitting.
May require lifting less than 20 lbs.
May require prolonged repetitive use of upper extremities.
Typical office environment requiring the use of typical office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.) Computer keyboarding, computer monitor and mouse use including reaching forward, grasping, fringer and wrist manipulation and neck bending and turning; near vision is necessary for computer monitor use.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Education and/or Experience
* A Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or business AND
* A minimum of six (6) years working in procurement, purchasing and/or supply chain
* In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, a minimum of eight (8) years of experience working in procurement, purchasing and/or supply chain
* Previous experience in Supply Chain Management;
* Excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
* Must have excellent analytical, numerical and planning skills;
* Ability to work in fast paced and dynamic work environment
* Energetic, results oriented, driven individual and effective communicator at all levels
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Preferred Skills :
* Experience with strategic management of Suppliers and operational procurement
* Aerospace experience
* Electronics Commodity Buying Experience
* Experience within a production control system in either a lean manufacturing environment or Planning and Purchasing area
* Extensive knowledge of SAP
At Safran, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. That's why all offers of employment in the U.S. where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Travel requirements: No regular travel required.
8380 Darrow Rd 44087
赛峰电气与电源公司（Safran Electrical & Power）是航空电气系统领域世界领先企业之一。公司是电力和混合推进设备电气化领域的重要企业。公司在 三 个国家拥有11,500名员工。
- © Safran