Job Location: Twinsburg, Ohio or Sarasota, FL
The program manager, as program team coordinator, is responsible for leading the extended cross-functional program team to ensure real-time sharing of information and team cohesion around common objectives. The program manager is responsible for delivering the Program objectives through the Safran PROMPT process, managing program performance, risks, product configuration and modifications according to internal rules & processes. This position will be responsible for management of a various programs at varying levels of the product lifecycle including new product introduction (NPI) efforts, serial production, aftermarket support and retirement from service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning and execution of project in accordance with PROMPT procedures whilst meeting internal and customer milestones
• Define and implement overall Program strategy in accordance with business objectives
• Managing the work packages of a multi-disciplined team
• Adherence to non-recurring costs and recurring cost elements of business plan
• Customer liaison and maintenance of customer relationship
• Internal reporting, including project review presentations to the Senior Leadership team
• Leadership of resolution of customer issues if/as they arise.
• Compilation and publication of visual metrics, presentations and written reports
• Provide forecast data for assigned programs as part of the monthly Demand review process and the annual Mid-Term Plan (MTP) process.
• Application of GPI tools
• Ensuring changes are managed in compliance with PROMPT, Production Readiness and In-service Readiness procedures, where relevant
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Jointly lead business with Sales & Marketing colleagues on understanding of assigned customer markets and facilitate growth of business with customer in line with business technology roadmaps
• Lead multiple projects with varying levels of scope
• Other duties may be assigned.
The noise level in the work environment could be unusually loud at times (protection will be provided).
• Office environment with moderate noise levels.
• Occasional need to be on shop floor, requiring safety glasses, safety shoes, and ability to stand for long periods.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with relevant experience
• Project and/or program management experience in a manufacturing industry preferred
• Candidates with experience leading multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams preferred.
• Experience in Continuous Improvements and/or Lean Process Development
• Experience with work break down structures, scheduling, pricing, and estimating
• Demonstrated ability to deliver against key milestones and cost targets
• Excellent leadership, influencing, teamwork and communication skills
• Emotionally resilient and able to drive projects effectively for excellence against demanding targets in a complex, multi-disciplined environment
• Customer oriented and able to operate effectively in a high pressure environment and pressing customer deadlines
• Comfortable with challenging assumptions & decisions from multiple stakeholders to lead to a solution that works for not only stakeholders but business objectives
• Ability to optimize output of multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to build strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and external customer
• Strong conflict management skills
• Enthusiastic, eager to learn, with a drive for results
• Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
• Proficiency in office IT suite (excel, word and PowerPoint) and ability to learn new programs/software
• Capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Previous experience in aerospace and/or medical industries
• Previous experience in global manufacturing environment (interaction with engineering and manufacturing through the world)
• Previous experience in managing and understanding financial statements (P&L) for mutli-national business
Regular, domestic and international travel, less than 25% of time is required
2250 Whitfield Ave 34243
- © Safran