Job Location: Twinsburg, Ohio or Sarasota, Florida
To manage defined commodities within the scope of the Supply Chain Process. The role will require individuals to be familiar with the complete range of sourcing activities. This includes the analysis of spend, the formulation of and implementation of commodity strategies, the negotiation of contracts and the ongoing management of strategic supplier relationships. Holders of these roles are the principal people accountable for the commercial nature of all relationships with Safran suppliers. This role will be oriented around the electronics commodity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertake spend analysis, market assessment of the electronic commodity.
• Create and manage strategic breakthrough strategies for a pre-defined commodity portfolio to support business requirements.
• Interact with other divisions of the Safran Group to identify synergies with strategical suppliers
• Identify and Deliver of opportunities for cost reduction.
• Reduce supply base in line with commodity strategy.
• Negotiate and Manage cost models for suppliers
• Coordinate the obsolescence process with engineering.
• Manage request for quotation (RFQ) and selection process by preparing and leading Supplier Choice Committee
• Undertake general term agreement / execution agreement negotiation and ensure appropriate flow-down of terms and conditions.
• Develop and maintain suppliers to become best practice sources.
• Manage relationships with suppliers on behalf of the Company. Some of these relationships may be of strategic significance to Safran E&P; others will be of a tactical nature.
• Ensure appropriate performance measure (QCD) of supply base and feedback of results.
• Develop and maintain global partnerships in the supply base to support current and future business and technology demands.
• Support global / regional procurement initiatives and site-level initiatives for key supplier deliverables on cost, delivery and quality.
• Implement the Safran E&P ‘Customer – Supplier' relationship model (to include issues such as true cost transparency, capacity management, Risk management, etc.).
• Identify projects within the commodity for cost down projects, where a change in technology or design may dramatically reduce the procurement cost.
• Lead cross-functional projects and VA/VE (VALUE ADDED / VALUE ENGINEERING) initiatives and work the phases at a fast pace to guarantee the ROI of the project under the best timeline possible.
• Ensure that agreed sourcing targets for benefits are met in the commodity portfolio. This includes responsibility for meeting Improvement Plan (IP) targets and year on year cost down.
• Provide support to NPI teams as required in establishing program cost models.
• Manage a program through the five critical phases: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Control and Project Closure.
• Adhere to all safe work practices and contributes to the health, safety, and environmental program and culture
The work environment is mainly in office but depending on the phase of the project could be split between office and testing or production floor areas. The environment in some areas may requires wearing PPE or other equipment.
Work in an open space environment and meeting room.
• While performing the duties of the position, this role will be regularly required to stand, walk sit, lift, use hands and fingers, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms and observe with naked eye or via various instruments.
• Sitting 80% / Standing 15% / Walking 5%
• Supplier's visit can involve walking up to 50% of the day.
*This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• A minimum of 5 years' procurement/purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment with strategic responsibility for procurement.
• Experience of developing, implementing, and managing commodity strategies.
• Excellent Project Management Skills.
• Proven success analyzing and negotiating complex supply agreements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to instill confidence in all stakeholder groups and manage complex commercial relationships.
• Supply Chain Commodity Management Experience
• Aerospace Manufacturing experience
• Self-starter, lead by example, and drive to achieve exacting targets
• Experience in the electronics market.
Occasional Travel: one to two times per quarter (In US/ Outside of US)
赛峰电气与电源公司（Safran Electrical & Power）是航空电气系统领域世界领先企业之一。公司是电力和混合推进设备电气化领域的重要企业。公司在13个国家拥有11,500名员工。
- © Safran