Job Location: Twinsburg, Ohio
The Buyer/Purchasing Lead is responsible for minimizing total procurement cost, while ensuring supply chain reliability and following the principles of lean inventory management and inventory reduction objectives. This multi‐faceted role includes tactical procurement, site managerial initiatives, inventory strategies and building the processes and procedures associated with these areas. This role will also serve as primary back up to supply chain site leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Identify, champion and implement key purchasing initiatives to achieve business goals based on cost, quality and delivery.
* Coordinate sourcing strategies and supplier rationalization initiative with Commodity Management to insure both plant and division goals are achieved.
* Work closely with Site Supply Chain Manager on strategic and leadership activities at site level
*Manage Key Performance Indicators related to Purchase Price Variance (PPV), VMIC, Supplier Schedule, MRP action messages and material data integrity.
* Ensure compliance with applicable contract flow-downs (FAR, DFAR, ITAR, etc.).
* Negotiate all commercial disputes with suppliers to include pricing, obsolescence claims, quality cost impact, etc.
* Coordinate purchasing efforts with Customer Service, Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials Management, New Product Development and Quality Assurance.
* Be and active participant of a cross-functional High Performance Work Team.
* Understand quality system processes that include a working knowledge of counterfeit prevention policies and procedures.
* Work with suppliers to develop continuous improvement plan in regards to On Time Delivery (OTD) and Defects Per Parts per Million (DPPM).
* Provide strategic leadership to buyers and escalation point for all buyers on supplier disputes related to material shortages and quality issues.
* Coordinates, evaluates and implements engineering changes and establishes appropriate effective dates
* Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Evening/night hours may be required.
* Extra hours may be required during business peaks.
* This role will also serve as primary back up to supply chain site leadership.
May require long periods of sitting.
May require lifting less than 20 lbs.
May require prolonged repetitive use of upper extremities.
Typical office environment requiring the use of typical office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.) Computer keyboarding, computer monitor and mouse use including reaching forward, grasping, finger and wrist manipulation and neck bending and turning; near vision is necessary for computer monitor use
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Education and/or Experience
* A Bachelor's degree in in Supply Chain, Business or related area of focus
* A minimum of five (5) years' of procurement within an industrial manufacturing environment.
* In lieu of a Bachelor's degree a minimum of eight (8) years' of experience working in procurement, purchasing and/or supply chain within an industrial manufacturing environment.
* Experience with an ERP system preferably SAP
* Previous experience in Supply Chain Management;
* Excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
* Must have excellent analytical, numerical and planning skills;
* Energetic, results oriented, driven individual and effective communicator at all levels
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Preferred Skills :
* Eight (8) or more years' related experience in a manufacturing environment
* SAP Experience
* APICS Certification
At Safran, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. That's why all offers of employment in the U.S. where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Occasional travel: once per quarter
赛峰电气与电源公司（Safran Electrical & Power）是航空电气系统领域世界领先企业之一。公司是电力和混合推进设备电气化领域的重要企业。公司在13个国家拥有11,500名员工。
- © Safran