Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Leads and administrates the Purchasing Staff. Identifies, suggests and implements the development of purchasing strategies and systems under supervision of the Director of Operations.
Summary of Duties:
• Supervise Purchasing personnel to implement values and objectives in order to achieve corporate goals and optimum performance
• Assigns purchasing and scheduling duties based on business requirements
• Establish and/or oversee training as required.
• Ensure performance from purchasing personnel based on standards and goals.
• Identify and address personnel issues.
• Organize, analyze and report data including root cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Proactively work in continuous improvements within the department.
• Communicates purchasing department's activities and strategies in conjunction with Management
• Provides feedback and support to Development buyer department.
• Supports customer's needs by using standard process where possible.
• Ensures that purchasing department follows all guidelines and procedures
• Supports buyers in any escalated issues or concerns.
• Works with Production supervisor on a daily basis to monitor status and scheduling in order to obtain on-time delivery of products based on information provided by planning and purchasing teams.
• Inputs data into various systems and creates/prepares reports for customer meetings.
• Mentors and supports buyers in any inquiry
• Works proactively to optimize supply chain operations through creative solutions acting alone and/or in teams.
• Drives operational excellence and provides Supply Chain expertise to other functional areas.
• Demonstrates leadership and business acumen in actions, interactions and decisions.
• Must be organized and possess time management skills and skills to adapt to priority changes.
• Attends and actively participates in departmental meetings in a positive manner
• Works in additional projects assigned by Management.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more! ting diversity throughout our companies.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required (Preferably a degree in Supply Chain management or related field) or comparable experience.
Experience: 10 years of experience in a production environment required.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®, AutoCAD.
Other Skills: Solid understanding of Production Planning and Production Scheduling best practices and principles is required.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• LN knowledge desired.
• APICS certification preferred
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455
- © Safran