The Program Management Director is responsible for the profit and loss (P&L) of the business unit (BU) Projects/programs. These projects/programs maybe located at a single BU site or across multiple physical sites depending on the BU. The Program Management Director is responsible for ensuring quality, cost, schedule and technical objectives are met while maintaining customer satisfaction. This role has direct responsibility for the project/program managers assigned to the BU. The Program Management Director provides leadership and program management guidance to the BU program managers. This role is responsible for the coaching and development of the BU project/program managers. The Program Management Director may report to a Business Unit GM or Cabin Division Leader. The Program Management Director serves as the Customer(s) primary escalation point of contact
Summary of Duties:
• Responsibility, Authority and full Accountability, including P&L, for the successful execution and Customer Satisfaction of all BU Programs
• Responsible for the overall BU program financial performance
• Ensure the BU program Business Cases are properly maintained for the entire program life cycle
• Monitor and control BU program Non Recurring Expenses (NRE)
• Ensure BU programs are profitable
• Program bid, planning & control
• Review and approve estimation of non-recurrent & recurring costs targets on programs
• Review and approve BU program management plans
• Ensure BU programs develop & maintain Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
• Primary Point of Contact with customer over the entire program life cycle
• Assist in the development of program negotiation plans, and ensure successful negotiation results
• Generate executive level presentations, and conduct BU program progress reviews
• Oversee assigned Project & Program Managers
• Build strong teams, and facilitate conflict resolution
• Set BU program priorities and provide strategic guidance
• Ensure program managers establish program governance, including program key performance indicators (KPIs). Establish method for capturing and reporting BU program KPIs
• Assess Program manager skills and determine training needs. Provide coaching & mentoring to grow BU program manager skills
• Serve as primary liaison with Executive Management
• Prepare and present executive level program reviews
• Provide the Voice of the Customer (VoC)
• Implement flow down of “corporate directives” to IPT
• Risk & opportunity Management
• Resource Management
• Determine the BU project/program management resource needs required to support existing and future programs
• Work closely with Division leadership to ensure global program is properly resourced
• Sales/Budget projections
• Ensure BU program financials at least quarterly, including business case
• Provide BU level program fiscal year forecast
• Provide BU Program Long-term (5-year) comprehensive projection
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us. We actively contribute to social inclusion and equal opportunity by integrating underserved communities and promoting diversity throughout our companies.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: Typically requires 15 years of experience managing programs throughout the program life cycle. Expert knowledge of program management methodologies and proven ability to manage programs.
Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Project, competent with MS Office programs.
Other Skills: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, Strong leadership and organizational skills, ability to analyze & summarize information, strong financial acumen
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Project Management certification (e.g. PMI PMP) is highly desirable.
• Degree in Engineering preferred
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Up to 50%
- © Safran